Isorbic Exerciser (high octane article) implementing the line

Reading this thread I notice there are two different names being used, isorbic exerciser, and isorobic exerciser. The former I can’t find anywhere. The latter is easily found through a websearch. Are they one and the same?

It’s Isorobic exerciser

Check this out; the EXERGENIE http://www.exergenie.com/speed_dev.htm.

its the same as the isorobic exerciser but is the “original” NASA design. Its only 169.95USD compared to almost 350USD for the Isorobic (http://www.fmia.com/). Alternatively buy second hand from ebay, but make sure you are not buying from an athlete, its likely to have been totally rinsed out.

From memory, MF Athletic sells it for $129.95

Just scored one on ebay for $60.00. Thers’s one being bid currently for $90.00. I happen to be on the site when this one popped up and the buyer wanted $60.00 - no biding. Ironic - I’m from Appleton, WI - the seller is from Rosendale, WI - about 30 minutes from Appleton. Strange freaky stuff. :eek:

Isorobic Exerciser on EBay - current bid $12.50
Search for Isorobic Exercise Fitness System
Bidding ends July 25!

Charlie,

When would a resistence system like this be utilized?? Right now I dotn have access to weights and will soon complete my 3-1-3 block focusing on acceleration. Next I plan on moving onto a 4 wk block where I will focus on top speed work. After which Ill go back to acceleration work. At what pt would you think it would be the most benefit to use the Isorobic Exerciser?? I see benefits in using it in the first 3wks of accel work or the second 3wks?? What abt using it as a tool to maintain accel work on a lower volume while in the top speed phase??

Any ideas from Charlie or the forum on how to structure this would be helpful.

BTW my current bests in training are.(Hand time first step)
20m 2.68s
30m 3.73s
50m 6.15s

there are a number of threads on this in the archives. Maybe The One can post a link??

I don’t have access to a computer for any extended pereiod of time, I am on vocation. I will look for some related threads when I get back.

Where has “The One” gone??

Ive tried getting into the old forum, but with no luck. If someone can post a link to any info on Isoribic Exerciser. How to implement it…who would benefit from training with it. All that fun stuff.

Please help

This is covered in the CFTS and the Forum review if you have them.

Wish I still did. I had “Training For Speed”, but I gave it to my coach in college in hopes that he might actually read it and make some changes. Based on the current state of the program, Im sure its collecting dust somewhere.

Since we are on the topic, thank you for writing such a comprehensive training manual and for this forum. I started training about a month after I graduated college. My fastest 30 was a 4.3 my first week. Using the principles outlined in your book I was able to run under a 3.7 in about 12wks. I only wish I had known about this back in High School. Maybe I woudlve been able to TJ more then a measly 45ft.
So Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1521&item=7115676978&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Great Price on Isorobic Exerciser- in Australia

The Isorobic excersize System - A better way to fitness

Item number: 7115676978

Current bid: AU $19.99 (Approximately US $14.97)

Time left: 1 day 10 hours
10-day listing
Ends Nov-29-04 22:41:16 PST
Start time: Nov-19-04 22:41:16 PST
History: 1 bid (AU $19.99 starting bid)
High bidder: kwzook ( 138)

Item location: Newcastle, New South Wales
Australia

Ships to: Worldwide

For more information see the makers website: http://www.fmia.com

The ISOROBIC™ System is lightweight, Has its its own carrying case, . The ISOROBIC™ can be used in any room in your home, or you can take it to the office or when you travel. The ISOROBIC™ Fitness System is based on the concept of instantly tiring the muscle and then taking the muscle through the full range of motion, a complete workout can take 2–15 minutes.

Price on website: US$349.99.

This set is in good used condition has:

VHS PAL video
excersize program audio cassette tape
The Isorobic Excersize system , Mind , Body , Spirt , ook
excercize program wall poster
Excersizer
belt - size small (102 cm plus clip)
press bar
carry bag
Also includes original invoice from 1996 . cost price $245.00

Shipping, payment details and return policy
Services available
Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details.
Will ship to Worldwide

Seller’s payment instructions
International postage will be extra, please email me to get quote. Credit card payments prefferred for international buyers through www.paymate.com.au . I am always happy to combine postage.Postage for this item will depend on the location of the buyer, Im happy to give an indication of cost

Payment methods accepted
Other - See Payment Instructions for payment methods accepted
Learn about payment methods.

Ready to bid?

The Isorobic excersize System - A better way to fitness
Current bid: AU $19.99 (Approximately US $14.97)

I hope this in not a redundant question, but here it goes…What is the difference between the isorobic exerciser (IEx), and The Trainer?

Don’t know what “The Trainer” is.

I have included the link to the site that sells The Trainer. Let me know what you thing. Thanks!!

I guess it would help if I included the link :eek:

http://www.everythingtrackandfield.com/detail.aspx_Q_ID_E_3512_A_CategoryID_E_265

It looks the same but I havn’t seen it up close

I was looking at the recomendations to the belt positions on the 02 forum review. I noticed that the belt should be placed low on the hips. Why is that?

Thanks

I think the higher you have it, the more it interferes with normal running posture and upper body mechanics. If you used a shoulder harness, for example, you would have to use quite a bit of upper body strength just to keep your natural forward lean – especially since this is the acceleration phase. Having it lower likely helps you maintain balance better as well.