Isolating muscle part conflict!

Exactly!!! We fully agree on what you have said! Thanks!

Pakewi, CF’s adagio is for athletes… I agree with you here, but we are talking about bodybuilding, and this is a “sport” (argue if you want :slight_smile: ) for itself… thus some new principles emerges. Altought there are some common principles and methods btw bbuilding and strength training for athletes, the problem arise when someone try to apply whole set of principles from one sport to another… Yes, there are some fine lookin’ athletes, but they are not bbuilding looking “athletes” — I hope you understand me here.

Ain’t goin’ into estecical problems… For athletes – full body development (functional). For bbuilders — full body development (morphological — ain’t be bad if functional too)

Yes I do,I guess.That is what I meant by “ADEQUATE”: either “specific” to the training goal,and “conforming” to the rules and principles of adaptation,which universally apply to the individual.

Here is a paragraph from Dr.Mel Siff,whom you surely know,which may help better explaining what I meant and where I am heading to:

“The principle of gradual overload must be reformulated to mean progressive neuromuscular overload, where variation is one means of facilitating overloading.
The bodybuilding emphasis on hypertrophy obscures the vital principle that muscle growth and performance are determined primarily by neuromuscular overload.
(…)
How else is it possible to explain the continual increase in strength of weightlifters who remain for years the same mass?
I am convinced that major increases in performance and hypertrophy will occur when we learn how to modulate predictably and safely the inhibitory neuromuscular processes, both to increase overload and to enhance the rate of recovery.”

Here is one interesting article by Christian Thibaudeau, recently wrote for t-nation. It excellently explains the differences of bbuilding and performance enhancemnt…
Altought I agree with him, I may say that any bodybuilding “begginer” should firts seek to develop “functional base” by using only compund movements and gaining strength, then one should start using more specialized bodybuilding protocols!

no2, boldwarrior, duxx it was a rhetorical question lol. i know the answer. the body should be trained how it is to be used and it will take on the morphological and proportional characteristics most efficient for the trained movement patterns.

The newest article by Chris Thibaudeaue at T-nation deals very nicely with the issues brought up here. Actually, before a month I e-mailed to Chris the location of this thread, so I think I gave him the idea to write the article, but the “baldy” didn’t responded to my mail… I think we contribueted to that article a lot with the post posted here…
BTW, how old is “baldy”?

Think about 27 or 28.

Just reading through that article there Duxx, only about 1/3rd through so far, but, he seems to be saying stuff that guys like Arnold n Franco knew yrs ago! Im sure he goes more into it and explains it in more detail. It still baffels me how poeple think doing only one exercise for one body part will make that body part develop fully. I guess i started reading about bodybuilding about 16yrs ago now, Mostly from guys in the eara of late 60’s - early 80’s, around there, and they all seemed to talk about isolating particular parts of muscle for different growth patterns.
So i guess to assume, that from approx mid 80’s to now? that the one exercise per muslce group to develop it fully has come about? strange.

For Big-Duxx(and others).
Excuse me ,
the Rest-pause with 6-4-2-1 repetitions recruit in the first set the FT but from the second,… sets also the ST?

And with a Drop-set?

Where I can find articles and books on training on fibers the red/ white?

And what’s the Autoregulation Training?

Good Point!
“How to create visual illusions” is not a part of anatomical education - they usually don’t tell you stuff like brachialis training for the visual illusion of a bigger “lower biceps” at university/school…
So maybe it boils down to this in a few years:
In BB, a “muscle” has to have one origion and one insertion. If that’s not the case (like in your example or Mm. Pectorales, etc…) or the fibers run differently (Anterior vs. Posterior Fibers of the M. Gluteus Medius), you can do some kind of emphasis shifting (more or less).

???Why???

Up!!!