Indicators of over striding are….?

What are some of the key and easily observed indicators of over striding in an sprinter? I.e- foot placement in front of body or not under center, perhaps back side mechanic’s issues.

What is someone that sort of does all of the above at different sessions, at least doing(sometimes too much backside, sometimes too high kneeish prancing, sometimes a seemingly perverse front of body foot placement, sometimes too much torso rotation, sometimes a too obtuse angled arm for swing)…maybe at least a sort of ‘overstriding envelope reserve’(for lack of a better term-or just slight variations in technique)(sometimes an envelope contains more than one item/document)

Without knowing the history of the athlete in question, I’d personally have a tough time diagnosing that without being able to watch and asses the individual. Since that’s obviously impossible without video and extensive observation, I’d wager that it comes back to a lack of General Fitness / Preparation and a discomfort or unfamiliarity with applying force in an effort to move fast over the ground.

Don’t try and fix every little problem by correcting every little problem, that’ll lead to information overload and paralysis by analysis. Look big picture and try to build a strong base before worrying about the minutiae. Otherwise you’ll be trying to fix problems for which you don’t have all the information, and very likely wind up chasing your own tail.

Since I can’t seem to edit this for clarity I’ll just reply-quote it.

EDIT - Looks like I misunderstood the question… as an athlete who struggled with over striding, or at least planting too far in front of bottom dead center of mass, I always had hamstring issues, an inability to maintain efficiency at the end of longer high speed runs due to my own technique working against me. Feet planting in front and killing forward progress (tiny fights fought every step build into a big issue across 100-200 + meters of running) Loud footfalls occasionally, again at the end of longer high intensity work.