I want to race, do you guys think its too early?????

Heres the thing a couple of friends of mine are running in the vanderbilt invitational this weekend. I wanted to but I missed the deadline to register. I really want to run, but I haven’t been training that long. Heres my journal http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?t=15489 its only been about 4 weeks now, if that. Now there’s the cardinal invitational this week too, but my question is do you guys think its too early for me to run? I only plan to run the 100m and I really want to see where I’m at. Will running in a meet this early hurt me in the long run? thanks in advance for any help.

Unless you pull something it isn’t going to hurt you but will you really get anything out of it other than disappointment?

dont do it.

dont rush things man. if its been a while (before these 4 weeks) since youve trained then dont run.

chances are in these 4 weeks that youve been training that its just been “get in to shape” type training and not training to compete.

i havent read the training log so im not sure if thats the case but be careful.

youll have plenty of chances to compete this year, so dont be in a rush

what do mean you by disappointment?

4 weeks isn’t long enough to get ready for a race so you are likely to be dissapointed with you time or your performance.

If its only a 100 I don’t see a problem. 200-400 on the other hand I would probably wait on as as topcat said you don’t want to be dissapointed.

I understand, thanks fellas