How to gain some basic knowledge.

Hello. I am a new member here wanting to gain some basic knowledge about sprint training.

My primary interest is 100m, and it’d be nice to also learn more about and be good at 40yd, 55m, and 60m. Not too interested in 200 or 400 for now.

I want to first get some knowledge base with especially reading. What books and DVDs or anything else should I get? I’ve read a lot of good things about GPP, SPP and speed trap.

It’d be nice to get a good value bundle for my purpose.

Even though I have exercise science background, passed CSCS exam, and work in sports performance field, I don’t really understand a lot of terms mentioned here. I hope I’d get it after going through e books and be able to really grasp on discussions on this website.

Thank you.

Gpp is basic starting dvd.
Vancouver dvd for pre season training
Jane project for real world experience
10 day taper for prep for big meet
Fundamentals for, well, as name suggests

You cant go wrong with these. All dvd and comes with charts some do.

If you understand these, you’ll know more than most.
Good luck

I also read a lot about Vancouver, but I can’t find it on the store website. Is it discontinued??

I’m mainly interested in program/routine design and secondarily mechanics of sprinting.

Do you also have some suggestions on e-books?

Thank you.

I also read a lot about Vancouver, but I can’t find it on the store website. Is it discontinued??

I’m mainly interested in program/routine design and secondarily mechanics of sprinting.

Do you also have some suggestions on e-books?

Thank you.

Hey there,

Nice to see a new member looking for ideas. Just a suggestion, you might want to send a PM to Ku2u#2. Kyle has been a member here since he was 16 or so, and can probably best relate as he is graduating this year with a similar degree to yours. He is just doing his internship right now and already has a ton of frightful stories about the idiots that abound in the S&C industry.

You already got some great advice above. The only thing I would suggest is to take technique as seriously as the programming itself. It will really help you develop your eye. i take a lot of video so i can review it and this has helped immensely in developing my eye. Even more so, take everything in context. If your athlete is working 30+ hours a week and thinks they are going to be world class, forget it- even the greatest program in the world can’t overcome that kind of disadvantage. Charlie really teaches you to put first things first.

T

I’d start with Charlie Francis Training System e-book and the GPP DVD. Between those two you’ll have enough theory (CFTS) and practical (GPP) to keep you busy for awhile and set a good foundation.

Of course, I will eventually want to learn about anything that can help improve, including technique (mechanics). I’m also involved in helping running speed training classes, and I’m hoping I will develop those eyes, especially with watching various lecture videos.

Thank you.

Of course, I will eventually want to learn about anything that can help improve, including technique (mechanics). I’m also involved in helping running speed training classes, and I’m hoping I will develop those eyes, especially with watching various lecture videos.

Thank you

Thank you for your recommendation.

Does GPP video version and e-book versions have the same content? Also, where can I get the Vancouver series? I can’t find it anywhere on the store website.

Van. might nit be there.
Edmonton might be pretty much the same?
If you want bundles, the South Africa series would be a great start.

Not sure about gpp book??

So Edmonton and South Africa expand upon Vancouver? I haven’t read much about those two.

Thank you.

kwave,
The guys are giving you great advice.
You can also go to amazon and buy Speed Trap there. Check it out as it in my view it give you the overview you need to begin.
I have been greatful to DMA for sending me the Vancouver DVD. I will be putting it back into the store.
You have a many starting points so I hope you enjoy this process.

I bought the e book package and reading Speed Trap right now. I already purchased and watched Jane Project, although I probably should watch it more than once.

I will be reading and watching more as needed, and I’ll keep my eye on the store for the Vancouver series.

Thank you.