how many abs do you guys do a day?

Why is 1500 per DAY so large a number…

distribute the workload and make sure the intensity is low?

Originally posted by mj
World Class,

CFTS = Charlie Francis Training System

Ricky Hatton,

Why the hell would someone lie about ab work? If it looks like BS to you, THEN JUST IGNORE IT AND DO YOUR OWN. Read CFTS and you will see what I do is not uncommon or some supernatural occurance. LOL.

I’m done with this topic. Maybe Charlie will talk about the benefits or Ricky Hatton can tell us what he does and why.

Stop Shouting, I can hear you from here, lol…

I just follow Bruce Lee’s method of releasing “ALL” the oxygen from the Lungs and try to do as many as possible while the lungs are deflated. Try doing the numbers then… :devil:

Your point is taken, but i am just describing what I do. Not once did I tell anyone to follow this. LOL! Just because Mo does 1000’s doesn’t mean everyone should follow his method. Find what works for you. I’m sure that every top sprinter doesn’t do the same workout. This is what I do and i’m happy with the results. And I do add some resistance from time to time and do sets of twenty. I won’t shout anymore.:smiley:

If we assume that the abs get all of the high intensity work they need from sprinting/lifting/med ball work, then why can’t we also assume that the abs get all of the low intensity work that they need from tempo? After all, they are involved in holding posture during the tempo runs and the volume of tempo is much greater than the volume of speed work.

I tend to be a bit skeptical about the need for extremely high volumes of ab work, but I am open to hearing the error in my ways.

BTW, I generally do something less than 100 reps/day. I haven’t taken to doing weighted crunches but I do like to do the ‘harder’ ab exercises like hanging leg raises.

What kind of volumes do you guys start out with when first doing high volume abs?

500 reps seems outta the question for me I can barely make 100. I see some guys do 100 reps per SET!

I’ve mostly been doing either no ab work or “heavy” ab work. Now I’m gonna experiment with the high volume low intensity stuff.

Check the low intensity Med bal download for an idea of how to cover big numbers in a hurry