How bad do you want it?

hey guys heres a great video

[video=vimeo;27933991]http://vimeo.com/27933991[/video]

Even though I don’t agree with some of the exercises being done here, I do appreciate the sentiment and devotion to hard work portrayed and conveyed. Nicely filmed.

Number two I totally agree. 1 of my athletes sent me this. Hard work yes, exercise selection, NO!

posted purely as motivational

Great post! Thank you.

I don’t think there can be any question that this video can be very inspirational to many. I loved the visuals and idea behind what has been done. We should all be so lucky to have the best training and perfect facilities and ideas behind training yet I have seen some of the most talented people rise with very little proper training methodology behind them. How long they stay at the top of their chosen event and therefor how consistent they are is another story completely.
The message Greystone wishes to convey is a good one. If you want it bad enough you will get it.
thanks for posting this Hemann.

… nm

For those not liking the exercise selection, which do you not care for and why?

If if you really want it I think you should put in the effort to try to research and learn about the proper path to success, as opposed to just doing what someone tells you. In my case when I’m not working out I’m still thinking about athletics a lot of the time so I like to read about sports and training.

The great athletes don’t care much about training - training is gpp to them - they want to play their sport.

Some are devoted; others need a preseason bonus carrot to get them into the gym.

Guys like King James and Dwade aren’t buying books on training or researching cf.com for training tips. They rather pay a trainer $100 per hour and be done with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UizlkbS61mQ

GO GREEN!..GO WHITE!..MSU Prof is also a pastor, I believe.

Not if your name was Jerry Rice.

//youtu.be/ftmVLvQyZAs

http://www.mensfitness.com/lifestyle/interview/jerry-rice

That’s how you make the Hall Of Fame.

I have a better one “LT” - he wrote Bill Parcells a check to cover his offseason fines because he wasn’t planning on attending offseason workouts. BEAST on the field - totally changed the OLB position.

"I… LOVE it… "
I don’t think it’s just about loving competition. It’s about loving training to be a superhero for all of life, (and demonstrate in competition, for those who need the approval, the money, or the self-satisfaction, or all of the above).

This speech isn’t too shabby either!

//youtu.be/yX39J_YyKbs

Brad Thorn’s career the stuff of movies

Petero Civoniciva reckons they’ll probably make a movie about Brad Thorn’s remarkable footy career when he finally hangs up his boots.

The opening scene might show an eight-year-old Kiwi kid running through the hilly Albany Creek bush track down the road from his parents’ house in north Brisbane.

The kid of course would be a young Thorn, a determined lad from Mosgiel with a passion for sport and a dream of one day representing the All Blacks.

Civoniciva is one of the few people to fully understand the magnitude of what Thorn has achieved in the decades leading up to tomorrow night’s Rugby World Cup final at Eden Park.

The pair spent nearly decade in the trenches at the Brisbane Broncos and became best of mates, but even as they forged out careers with Queensland and the Kangaroos, Thorn’s boyhood dream burned away in the background.

“I remember when I played with Brad for the Broncos we’d often talk about what an amazing feeling it would be to pull on that All Black jersey,” Civoniciva said yesterday.

"Even those early days [in Brisbane] I think it was something he thought about. He was immensely proud of his Kiwi heritage and although he played for Australia and Queensland in league the belief in being a New Zealander was always something he said was very special to him.

"It was quite funny because he grew up a lot of his life in Brisbane, but the roots of his heritage were always in tact.

“For him the All Blacks was always very much a goal, but who’d think he’d actually go on to have the career he’s had?”

Thorn played 200 NRL matches in two stints with the Broncos, 14 for Queensland and eight tests for Australia and clocked up 92 caps for the Crusaders, 31 for Canterbury and has played 59 tests for the All Blacks.

People in Brisbane and Australia were just as in awe of what Thorn had achieved as a New Zealander, Civoniciva said.

"It’s an unbelievable career and to this day I still get blown away when I see him out there running on for the All Blacks.

"His memory definitely hasn’t faded over here. It’s very much the case [that he’s a legend]. People held him in such high regard in his rugby league days, but everyone has marveled at what he’s done in union.

“Just to go to rugby union was a huge challenge in itself, but to then play for the No 1 team in the world and to have the longevity that he’s had wearing the All Black jersey. It’s the stuff of movies.”

[b]Civoniciva said he got an early insight into his teammate’s legendary work ethic shortly after joining the Broncos in 1998 and getting a place in the same suburb where Thorn grew up.

"It was in Albany Creek on the north side of Brisbane near his parents place and it had a really great running track, a bush track that Brad would run that every week regardless of what else was on and he did that from a really young age.

"He used to tell me that was his thing that kept him on top of his game. I’m sure there’s a track he’s carved out around Christchurch that will be special to him. He probably wouldn’t tell anyone, but that’ll be his run.

"It was a very hilly run, he loved the hills and he always used to tell me it was part of his mountain man heritage.

“He has always been the guy who just loved to train He was always doing extra work and that’s another thing that’s made him so good, doing things that other guys weren’t prepared to do.”

But Civonciva says fitness is not Thorn’s greatest strength. That, he says, comes from deeper within.

"He’s a true competitor in no matter what he turns his hand to. He’ll always give his best and that was what I loved most about playing footy with him, that winning attitude that he brought to the team.

"If you talk to any player or coach who worked with him in league, they’d all say the same thing, he’s just a winner. That’s what makes him tick. It’s a trait you can’t coach. It’s something that comes from within and it’s a huge part of Brad’s make up.[/b]

“He’s nearly at the finish line and it’s going to be awesome to watch.”

//youtu.be/YgfMbb3RLTs

More on newly crowned World Cup winner Brad Thorn

http://www.rugbydump.com/2011/10/2192/brad-thorn-building-blocks-parts-1-2