analyse this

At that point i think she was reaching for the finish and her mechanics fell apart. Jeter, who kept her cool a little better, almost got her at the line.

Why is it too much?

Doesn’t look like too much extension. I think her leaning makes it appear to be more extension than it is.

Why is it too much? What are the potential downfalls?

[QUOTE=RandyG;239861]When pics like this are posted one immediately comments on the magnitued of leg extension. What I like to see in addition to the leg extension is the mobility at the hip to allow for the hip extension :D. Tyson is really displacing.[/Q

Do you guys consider this to be too much extension?

I missed the all important “n’t” at the end of does.

If you extend too far it will take longer for your leg to swing forward again. I agree that she may simply be leaning forward too much here, though, which results in what looks like insufficient knee lift of one leg and excessive extension of the other.

Regarding her form over the last 10m or so of her last few races:

I know Erik Korem at FSU who collaborates with Brown’s track coach on her training. I spoke about this with Erik a month or so ago because in my view she is slowing herself down when she forces it.

She has a tendency to do this in her races this year in which it is very close at the finish. In her effort to secure victory she forces her body position (over-striding) and in my view slows herself down.

The dynamics of her movement at that point are not so dissimilar from running downhill, being towed- excessive overspeed. Note how much farther in front COM foot strike occurs. Braking forces are sure to increase at that point and it is my feeling that things get closer than they need to be at the finish because her rate of deceleration is accelerated; while those who hold their form (ergo Jeter in this last race) demonstrate the opposite and close in on her.

I don’t see it, maybe she need to relax a little more.

I saw one of her at the Euros. Cant remember if I posted it. But couldn’t find it again. Maybe it was on the IAAF or EAA website. She’s a flawless beauty though…

Not exactly much to analyze, but here ya go…

Charlie talks about this sort of thing in one of the DVDs (from memory Taper one) and describes as searching or leaning (something like that) for the line too soon.

OH, there’s PLENTY to analyze :cool::wink:

regarding Klishina, I dropped a note to Mike Powell suggesting he needs to coach her:

His reply follows…

“I met her at a clinic in Moscow in 2009. She has a lot of potential and she could be a great jumper also.
That would be a tough job, but if the money was right, I might consider it. Seriously, she has a lot of talent and obviously she is gorgeous. Thanks for thinking of me.
Take care
Mike
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry”

Small world, I also when to the same church that Powell went to one time…