Help with my mess of a schedule

Being a high school student, I can’t exactly pick meets as I see fit, so I basically have to work a training schedule around my meet schedule.

From today (2/12, Wednesday) until 3/28 (Friday) I want to do atleast one complete cycle that includes a recovery microcycle. I was planning on my first cycle being 3 weeks long, and the next being 4 weeks long. Any problem with that? Should I divide it differently? My first meet is a few days after my (planned) second recovery cycle. Should I change this so I have a cycle or two of normal training before a meet?

4/1 begins the hell of meets. What should I do prior to my first meet (4/1, Tuesday) in terms of practice? I don’t need to peak at all, but I do need any idea of what to do in terms of rest or special training. I do not have another meet until a week later, 4/8 (Tuesday). What should I do inbetween the two meets? The first meet I am going to run the 100, 200, and 400 (I am going to be on the 4x4, so I want to get a time first. Should I do this for my first meet of the season, or just do a time trial in practice?). My full event schedule will be 100, 200, 4x1 (Might be able to get out of it, doubtful though), and 4x4.

The week of 4/7, I have THREE meets.
4/7 : Practice/rest (not sure what to do)
4/8 : Meet
4/9 : Practice/rest (?)
4/10 : Meet
4/11 : Meet

That means I will have to do 6x100, 3x200, and 3x400 at 100% three time in one week. I might be able to get out of the 4/10 meet but I am not entirely sure. What type of rest (I’m assuming I would want to rest/recovery after all that CNS strain) would you guys suggest? Also have a meet the following Tuesday. So four meets over a 7 day period. sigh

Any help would be great.

>Mark

why so many meets over 7 days?

Your guess is as good as mine… then again one workout our coach had us doing last year was:

400, 300, 200, 100, 100, 200, 300, 400 at full effort with not nearly enough rest.

That might give some clues as to why so many I guess.

Stupidity

>Mark

That workout obviously isn’t going to be at full effort.

Nice workout though - NOT

Well of course I meant he wanted full effort. He got all pissed when you jogged it.

>Mark

Post what you have been doing, age, how long you have been training.

As for what to do during that period of competition - rest when you can, probably best is very light tempo and stretch, massage etc…

Won’t be able to do any workload or you will break down.

I haven’t been doing any track work because it’s been 20 F for around a month now and I don’t have any indoor facilities to use. I have been semi-keeping in shape with volleyball.

I’m 16

I have been doing real track training for about 2 years now, but only found Charlie a year ago.

>Mark