help me squat!!!

perhaps it’s (it is) just this one particular gaff of yours that stuck in my mind. I’m (I am) sure that you’re (you are) usually quite accurate and articulate in your communication.

it’s (it is) a particular pet hate of mine… :wink: :smiley:

Actually “you are” right. When you are using proper english you should always spell the word out. They stressed this in all the MTEL prep classes I took. That is considered proper English. So if you put “it’s” on the teachers exam it would be considered an error and automatic deduction. After a certain number of these it would be impossible to pass. Not sure why you highlighted naive but it is spelled correctly.

Im still not gonna talk in proper english. Takes too long. Its an internet chat forumn; not an English class.

B’s.

you guys need to start another thread, keep on topic!!!

Ladies…please?

TAke this to private messaging.

No its not like that. Just a friendly discussion. Guy from boston can tell the difference.

B’s

start another thread to have you off topic discussions.

Somebody mentioned sitting back and not down. I agree- if you stay tight in the back, and keep your knees behind your toes as best you can, you should be able to stay on your heels. Also, push the head and shoulders back first at the bottom, this should help drive your hips under the bar and not have your butt come up first, which can roll you onto your toes. This has worked consistently with the high schoolers and hockey players that I work with. Another thing- carry the bar a little lower on your back may help.
Last thing- I have a 17 yr old with a club foot- so virtually no mobility in one calf and we got him deep squatting by widening him out. If he doesn’t go wide enough, he’s on his toes every time. So work flexibility for sure, but widen out a little too.

Completely agree!

What yall know about this…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooa8nHKPZ5k&mode=related&search=

LAME HOPE IT WASNT YOU!

No im stiff. I cant dance. I dont dance. Im more explosive then that. Plus I have a sprinters build that the ladies love. Does that kid look like a sprinter to you.

B’s.

Guy from boston.

Just use a ten pound plate under each heal,
until you no longer need it. and try to place
the bar lower on neck.

try this

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=230E25CAE019B7CB560F05E457B919A1.hydra?id=459539&pageNo=-1#bottom

Funny…I just checked my rep and heres a negative one saying “dick head” from this thread. Wonder who that was! :eyeroll:

Wasnt me I gave u positive points. Plus left my name with it. Anyone that has points from me know’s I always leave my name even on negative comments. Anyways funny enough it said the same thing next to my negative points and que. hmm wonder who that is.

I was reading one of Kelly B’s article and it made me think back to this thread. Could a lack of glute activation or being weak in that area of my body be the reason for my heels coming off the floor?

Its possible but i highly doubt it, more so a lack of flex/mobility.

do u play fb?

I really don’t believe its a lack of flexibility. Here’s my thinking:

1. I’m pretty darn flexible around that area (calfs, ankles etc…)

2. I’m definitely quad dominant. if you look at my quads there huge in comparison to my hams and glutes. In the past, after squatting, my quads would be sore, but I would never feel my glutes at all.

3. If you look at the video, you can see that my knees shoot forward and I squat down instead of stitting back. I think someone mentioned that, but I didn’t listen the first time. Anyways I tried doing that today and for the first time I felt my glutes working. And guess what my heels didn’t come off the ground either. why did it take me a year to figure this out :mad:

not since high school, which was about 3 years ago