Held Breath under water experience.

Hi Guys…
I didnt know where to ask this…

Has anyone ever tried this?
Go as deep as you can under water and hold it for as long as you can.
It supposed to increase capilliary size in the brain.

http://www.winwenger.com/ebooks/guaran3.htm

I’ve been doing it a while now and have gone from only 10 seconds to over a minute consistently now at a time.

I dont know whether its placebo or not, but mental clarity is much improved…

Any tried it?
Thanks
John

I’m a member of the Divers Alert Network (DAN). You have the red light on my computer going off. Read this…

http://rubicon-foundation.org/dspace/bitstream/123456789/5612/1/UHMS-DAN_BH_2006.pdf

Thanks…
It is 173 pages long.
One of the articles, said limit it to 1minute and you should be ok.
Im only going 3 metres down at most.
What do you think yourself?

Be careful!!! We don’t want to read about you in the Darwin Awards list for this year.

Thanks number2… :wink:
I think held breath under water is used as a treatment for certain stroke victims to promote brain function. Apparently, it works and works well.

I don’t see what going to 3m is going to do. The pressure at surface is 14.7lbs./sq.inch, at 3m its still less than 17…I don’t see how a few seconds at that pressure do anything.

The stroke victims are probably in a state of pure panic, which might do a little to stimulate them.:wink:

does this mean Dick Cheney will get a Nobel Prize for his work in this area?

Maybe JAAA should spend more time under water?

Perhaps Franno could take over the Cheney role!

In the late 80’s early 90’s I was coaching some 14 to 18 year olds, there was a heat wave, I took some athletes to the swimming pool for training in preference to the track. We were doing sets of ? holding your breath and going as far as possible underwater. After a couple of months everyone could do 6 x 25m on a walkback.

When I was doing the old level I was asked by an AIS coach how many died. It was good for a laugh. All the kids are now in their 30’s. One of them made the comment that if the pool was 3m deep he could 50m every time,

If you don’t to increase blood flow then an alternarive is to increase the octane in it.

Worked for me.:stuck_out_tongue: