Hayfever Treatments

I suffer from very severe hayfever in the summer and use a corticosteroid to treat this. The brand name is Beconase and the active ingredient is beclomethasone. Usually use two sprays in each nostril twice daily, as indicated on the label. Ran out at one point this year and had to use another one called flixonase.

I read somewhere that corticosteroids interfere with normal production of testosterone. Is this true? If so then maybe it would explain my listlessness in the summer and also why I seem to train much better in the winter and spring.

I’ve tried other treatments but they either don’t work at all or drain my energy. There’s also an injectable corticosteroid that I used one or two summers. This worked really well but is unfortunately not allowed by the IOC.

Can anyone here recommend a treatment with no side effects?

I’m a sprinter/jumper.

Quercetin is a natural mild antihistamine. You can come by it naturally with the following: Apples, onions, raspberries, black and green tea, red wine, red grapes, citrus fruit, cherries, broccoli, and leafy greens. Or you can pick some up (best with Vit-C added) in a health store. Be careful which brand you buy. You get what you pay for, but you don’t always get what you pay for.

Thanks, Herb. I’ll try it out.

Anyone have an opinion on my first question re corticosteroids suppressing natural testosterone?

Check out this website for more info.

http://www.wrc.net/wrcnet_content/encyclopedia.aspx?aid=9