Hammies more efficient than quads at speed

Well this should stimulate some debate. For starters, it would be good to get a much cleaner translation.
And then it would be good to see what level of sprinter was used for the study: unskilled, skilled or highly-skilled

I think they were skilled to highly skilled 10.8-10.4 secs. At the time I even made an effort to call Professor Wiemann for a full translation but his English was better than my German… I never followed it up after but I am sure that there are german speakers or those that are fluent in German to translate on this site hopefully… The study related SPECIFICALLY to the hammies.

The more skilled the sprinter, I suspect, the more this will be true, BUT there are many questions about how this would pan out in the longer term when the high intensity nature of the other modalities isn’t in such direct conflict- when in the program- how long with the same methods - and how the speed work is peaked.
thoughts??

I am not sure how to answer the question but I will provide more background.

The studies by Tidow and Wiemann usually follow the pattern of hypertrophy followed by max strength followed by power training. Each phase lasts for 3-4 weeks. In this study it seems that the hypertophy phase consisted of 2-3 sessions a week. All other phases about the same.

It would be good to know what exercises were used.

Also, what about the other muscles. Would cross-section method be better for the rest of the body too?

Also, how many reps per set, and at what speed were the bodybuilding methods using?

12-15 rep sets?
8-10 rep sets?
20 reps?

Were they lowering slowly or lowering -eccentric phase, fast?

Raising fast on the concentric phase?

Seeing as there are more bodybuilding methods than “neural” methods, the above report does not suggest anything spacific at all.

I have gained hypertrophy from 1 rep sets and lost mass from 10-12 rep sets, yet have had awesome hypertrophy from 50 rep sets.

So if somebody could put some decent translation and numbers from the above report, that would be mightily appreciated.

Untill then, the above report means nothing.

I will get back to you soon with more details goose.

That would be very appreciated martn76.

For now, I am hazarding a guess that they included leg curls in the study. They are the classic hypertrophy hamstring exercize becuase glute-ham raises offer more variation and would therefor be less of a “control” in a study group (than leg curls).

I’m also guessing 10-12 rep sets (ATLEAST 3 sets), with no particular rush on the concentric phase and carefully lowering (not dropping) during eccentric phase.
I wouldn’t be suprised if conventional hyper-extensions were in there but I am guessing on that.

bump just wondering if he got back to you on this and what the results were. Thanks

What ever happened with the details of this study?

I too would be very interested in the details of that study. What were the exercises? How any reps? What was the improvemet in sprint speed?