GPP for long - short

I know this has been touched on here and there, but the info for a long - short GPP is a little lacking, and wanted to see what people recommended or where doing for there GPP. I have found a nice grass 70metre hill so thats available. But I have some questions:

Are flat longer runs done in addition to hill runs completed?

Distances that could be run for both hills and flat (if done) ?

amount of reps?

rest?

how many days a week are hills performed?

Anyone with experience or has attended the cf seminar i would love to here from you.

damn im still trying to find the greatest hill ever in north shore. I know there is plenty but im trying to find teh perfect hill.

isn’t on the gpp some distance variation for hills listed in 7 weeks. I’m still unaware of it though cause i gotta really look close since the video quality isn’t so great, but its there.

the gpp video is a short to long program

Good questions, good thread, most info on the site seems to be about Short to Long which is fair enough but not all athletes can cope with that (some of mine included). I’m finding it useful to read views from people who have used L to S using CFTS principles, keep em coming. I think it makes sense to up the volume on tempo and the distances on the hills to prepare for the longer track work.

Does the L to S graph on the Vancouver 2004 DVD apply to SPP 2 ? . Are there any major differences between SPP1 and 2. ?

Does the graph refer to 100/200m athlete ?

Has anyone settled for shorter reps e.g. 500m instead of 600m.

If I have missed the answer to these questions in other threads I do apologise.

There is a thread posted on by John regarding L-S and GPP. I think he also has some stuff in his journal, it was only a few weeks back.

There are discussions on the GPP type and length on both the Vanc 2004 and the Edmonton downloads. (GPP 1 usually longer duration with L-to-S)

http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?t=15546

Cheers TC and John, I remembered after I logged out about John’s thread (another good one), do I suffer from memory loss ? I don’t know I can’t remember. :slight_smile:

Thanks Charlie, I don’t have the Edmonton download. Can’t remember you mentioning the GPP for Long to Short on the Vancouver DVD, I’ll have to have another look.

Very useful, I had started to read it recently but had only got as far as page 1, have printed off the other two and may well post some questions on it. Thanks again.