Go Blue

Don’t forget ND was without their starting QB for almost an entire half, playing a true freshman and a walk-on in his stead. And their notoriously weak defense held Michigan scoreless in the second half until the very final seconds.

DR is a great runner but his inability to pass effectively will show against better defenses. Michigan is generally uninspiring at every other position. They started 4-0 last year before ending up 5-7.

Ohio St. Did you them swarm Miami?

Damn, you guys are such haters it’s like fighting with women…

Not really, turnovers hurt Miami. Where was the speed on special teams.

Lol, slow teams don’t create turnovers.

Lol, 1) starters rarely play special teams.
2) Punt coverage overran the play (too much speed? hahaha)
3) Kick coverage missed tackles (missed tackles = slow team??)
4) Lack of conversion in the red zone prevented that game from being about 56-24.

I’m not a Buckeye fan at all but their defense is solid.

Trent Richardson would mop the floor with the Buckeye defense.

Honestly, will the OSU defense be able to get a hand on DR?

OSU is a far superior team to U of M. RB34, it’s quite obvious you love you some Wolverines. You get upset every time someone questions anything to do with U of M. I love debating with you but you are a homer if I am a hater. I raise conjecture about U of M based on fact, not dislike. 1) DR has played out of his mind. He is the sole reason Michigan is 2-0 and not 0-2. They hardly blew UConn off the field. It was a fumble away from 24-17 and awfully uncomfortable vs UConn. DR bailed them out. 2) They had to come from behind to beat ND who isn’t exactly considered a national power. Again, bailed out by DR. 3) Their defense has been atrocious. They can’t pressure the QB, they tackle poorly, and they cover like crap as well. I think DR will keep the offense rolling so long as he stays healthy. Carrying the ball 25+ times is going to cost him. He took some solid hits and according to his own coach “is banged up”. He has made some nice throws underneath, he missed most poorly over the top. When a good D, Iowa, Wisconsin, PSU, OSU play them, they are going to make him work harder to force his passes down field. He has played unbelievable, but it’s 2 games. Nobody wins the Big Ten title after 2 games. Do you not think Pryor will absolutely demolish their D when they face OSU. He is DR, just better arm and bigger with better weapons. I love when our home teams do well, but I also am not a band wagon guy. Until I see them have a winning record for a few seasons, it’s awful hard to forget the last 2. 2 wins doesn’t erase the tarnish he has put on the program. Call me a hater, I like to think of myself as cautiously optimistic.

Rb34, Like speedcoach said, no haters here, just realist. And SERIOUSLY, all U of M lovers always are SWANGING on there Nuts the 1st 3 games til they get a reality check, so STOP SWANGING.

ohio state has the best tackling defense in the nation every year since they won that national championship. That is one well coached, talented team. However, the iowa hawkeyes have the best defense in the nation this year.

Trent Richardson is a stud and I think we’ll find out in the National Championship how the Buckeye D holds up against Bama. I think Bama may be in a league of their own, however, as Pryor and the Buckeyes are wasteful in the red zone.

I see very little between Bama and another title. OSU would have a tough time. I saw some of the game with PSU and thier defense looked sick, not to mention they would punch holes through 99% of defenses with their power running game. One easy way to control explosive offenses is with great D and ball control. Saban is a master right now. Peak of college coaching. Bama leaps and bounds better than every team.

Roll Tide!

The way to get them is exploit the youth in defensive secondary imo. I actually think we may lose one because of youth mistakes in the secondary in a tight game, say on the road. Just a guy being out of position against a good QB and you’re down. BUT the Fr and So corners are very athletic and rangy. Mallett is probably the only one who can do that in the SEC but Arky defense is still suspect so it may not matter. Plus…is it really possible to go undefeated in the regular season 3 straight years…

the SEC is down overall. LSU, Florida, Tennessee, etc. I think Bama is easily the class of the league. If they apply Saban ball, grinding it out with Ingram and Richardson, with McElroy occasionally throwing to Julio Jones to keep you honest, they are awful tough to beat. Mallett is certainly a guy who can exploit any corner. He probably has the strongest arm in the country. He can fit balls in spots others can only dream of. I say they have to poop the bed to get beat. Maybe Auburn. Rivalry game, but looking pretty good. Good young QB.

If the Big10 or gasp, Pac10 is gonna do it this is the year. Bama has young D, UF is young, Tenn is irrelevant, LSU has dumbest coach in the USA. Tejas is young, Okie has young QB. Bama will be young on O next year.

Bama is the USC of 8 years ago. Everybody wants to go win a title. I am gald Saban returned them to glory. I was getting sick of Carroll and Meyer. I was reading the paper yesterday and was shocked to find out that Denard has accounted for 94.4% of U of M’s offense. I don’t think that’s what RR had in mind. Those crappy RB’s better step it up. Even the great Pat White had Steve Slaton rushing for 1,000+. I see big problems if they don’t get the kid help. I knew it was unbalanced, but those numbers are scary. One injury away from another rough season. Would be nice to see 10-15 carries max for DR. If the RB’s are ineffective, I see a long, brutal season for DR. Hopefully his quicks will keep him in one piece.

3-0…:cool:

barely…let umass get 37 and was gettin killed the first half by the running game

What was the final score? Thank you… I’m learning a win is a win is a win…

are they going to beat the Hawks this year? A win is a win… if you’re playing a real team! :slight_smile:

3-0…:cool: