for fun

School carnivals have started.

Jersey pb in 100, won all events entered

Helen records for HJ and 200, won all events entered

Caught up with Emil he was coaching Anthony. Hallam, Smith then Emil.

Saturdays training

Seb and Anthony chatted, my mate from Blacktown sacked them both.

Jersey’s school run was. .8 pb /100
Helen pb’s 100/200 and all 3 jumps

Project 1
The RX2 is in Newcastle. 13b extended bridgeport on av gas. Dedicated race car.

Never thought I would do it but back training 2 x 9 year olds and 1 x 13 year old. The last athlete I started coaching at 9 was Olivia Tauro.

Guess I must be doing something right, watching others I can see my stupid way of doing drills spreading amongst the ***.

What is Olivia up to these days? She doesn’t seem to raced for quite a while. Retired? Injured?

I think she needed time away. 10+ years training, no improving of times for almost 6 years. She is now working and her boss is involved in athletics. Who knows she may come back a little more mature.

She has progressed from LA’s to seniors to having her own life. Every decision she makes will be her own. I personally believe she still has a lot to offer and managed properly could still be a role model for for a few generations yet.

the little almost 9 year old girl has been training for 3 weeks today, decided to do 100m timetrials. 3 runs with 3 mins plus walkback recovery. The slowest was a 2 second pb. Mum said they could not believe the non conventional training actually worked. She had previously trained her the same as she was trained when an athlete.

9 years old in a couple of weeks.
3 min best time
Pb by twenty seconds:-)
Blow up and burst
seven balloon with spike shoes
Ten to fourteen meters
Balloon every two
Back the finish line between every balloon
Does handstands in her breaks

Sabrina made the next level in 200 & 400. She was still sore from training two days earlier.

Mark made the school oztag team. Selected by timetrials, his first ever representative outing.

Jersey qualified for CCC in the jumps, did not make it in the 100.

Fredric is to take 5 weeks off, Osgood. Seems he is running 10 x 300 off 5 mins or 10 x 100 off 1.5 mins. Add a growth spurt and expect problems with a 14 year old

Sady,
This is a great deal of work for a 14 year old don’t you think?

QUOTE=Angela Coon;247607]Sady,
This is a great deal of work for a 14 year old don’t you think?[/QUOTE]

I certainly do, I told his mother to see a doctor and in the meantime take a 5 week break. I suggested to her that in more than 20 years of coaching this is the third young athlete we have coached with this injury, the last was 15 years ago. I will help the lad get through it but if he continues the same workload I will walk away.

A couple more got to the next level. My standout is a nine year old, he was leading at the 60 and ran the last 40 looking at the crowd in the grandstand. Told his mum he couldnt help it as they were all cheering. He finished fifth.

Stuff the glory.

I certainly do, I told his mother to see a doctor and in the meantime take a 5 week break. I suggested to her that in more than 20 years of coaching this is the third young athlete we have coached with this injury, the last was 15 years ago. I will help the lad get through it but if he continues the same workload I will walk away.[/QUOTE]

You told his mother to see a doctor?

I certainly do, I told his mother to see a doctor and in the meantime take a 5 week break. I suggested to her that in more than 20 years of coaching this is the third young athlete we have coached with this injury, the last was 15 years ago. I will help the lad get through it but if he continues the same workload I will walk away.[/QUOTE]

You told the mother to go see a doctor?:eek:

Yes, she took her son and guess what. He does not have a medicare card as he is 14.

Better to get advice from someone that knows what they are talking about than someone that does not.

:slight_smile: it will piss someone off

Josh 15, Barker College, baseball, wants to make the relay team.

2 weeks. 100m half a second. Long jump 80cm. Made the relay team on Saturday.

Wife is coaching his jumps.

If I read this I would say bull.

Do a 2 day course, become part of a group and get a job as a coach at a school, wow.

Share a hj and make some negative comments about how someone else coaches, usually works. Problem occurs when they say little aths doesnt mean anything.

Mother of the athlete says "my son won 3 medals at nationals at Perth, 2 were gold. The Aust allschools, he never made this level until this lady coached my son.

Shut her up for a while,

Blacktown yesterday a dad and his 2 young kids were laughing at an 8 year old I was training. I gather her parents told the dad of the 8 sec improvement in 200 and 10 sec in 400. Probably said she was a sprinter in Tailand and thought the same thing when they first started.

All I know for sure is they stopped laughing and training when the spoke to Alan and Moy.

Such is life

Bet they didnt add she was doing handstands when she finished while the rest of the kids were gasping for breath.