for fun

7 m in the long jump and a fractured ankle. Guess he will not be competing in the high jump. Not bad for a kid who turn 16 last week.

Thats a long way to jump! Kudoes

6.97 is the official result. Remeasured after he was taken by ambulance out of the pit. 6 weeks in plaster for a fractured talus (bone where the tibia joins the foot). The old record belonged to a mate Jake Stein.

The other lad came 3rd in the triple jump

The elder of the two lads has been accepted into the national u/17 jumps development squad. The wife used half of the last training session working on his acceleration for the long jump. It was a 40+cm pb.

Where did that engine come out of Sady ? Im into engines and mechanics myself. You rebuilding it ?

It is a jap import mazda 12a turbo rotary. So far it has been in and out of a capella. If i get motovated it goes in my series1 rx7, track car after i put it back together. It has been pulled apart and tweaked so have no immediate intensions of pulling it down again. In the capella just over 400hp.

My current project is a toyota cressida which i am restoring for my grandson. 7mg 3 litre 24 valve, a doctors supra. Cost $43,000 new in 1991.

I’m hearing so much about that RX7 rotary but we don’t have them in Israel :frowning: You like the japs I see…

I recently salvaged a modded S40 2.0T after I bent the crank :frowning: Was too rich for my blood. wonderful motor though, especially the T4/T5

Let us know how that project goes !
Tracked. best of luck to your future successful sprinter.

One of my son’s mates is over your way tuning drift cars. His nickname was EFFY. Nissan skyline was his drive.

Rotaries were barred from racing after one won LManz. 4rotor embarrasing everyone.

Toyota 6 can handle 1,000hp on the bottom end.

Not far away is Aaron’s rx2 13b bridgeport with kings sport store on the doors. Hasn’t started in 4 years back when he decided it was too powerful for the street. Now he is ready to drift, 750kg and 500hp and at 15,000rpm massive torque

I get into less trouble with my bike riding around town to do things in the city and discovered having more hp means trouble with insurance for AC.

I guess some of these cars don’t get driven because of their capabilities and speed temptations?

I don’t do bikes and in Sydney traffic one would need suicidal tendacies to try one. Insurance over here is based on car not engine.

You are right, when one of our cars gets past the safe envelope it gets taken off the road hence the avator motor which may get put in a hillclimb car, emphasis on may.

I see the difference between a rotary and a piston motor the same as speed dynamics and what I use.

Speed dynamics being the rotary (in the land of fairies), the in line piston motor has power from one direction.

You should race Jay Schroeder :slight_smile: He’s racing motorcycles all day long from what I can see in his Twitter :slight_smile:
I wonder what wins a drag, a Ducati 999 or one of your modded cars :slight_smile:

Have beaten the odd road bike at traffic lights but only for a stir. We haven’t run under 10s on the strip, back off half way cause the rta get notified, have to fit parachutes, not worth the hassles.

Talking to a coach yesterday, he was off the moon last week cause one of the athletes he has coached for 3 years won at the underage nationals. Turns out the parent rang and said he was no longer good enough to coach the kid and they were moving up the ladder. One shattered coach.

do a search on mad mike, a kiwi driving a rx7 which will fry tyres doing the ton

Jesus. So the coach that develops the national champ isn’t good enough… shakes head

This used to happen to me as a trumpet teacher. Train em up from scratch then when they start to get good they get another teacher who gets the credit…

Often hear of school teachers approaching kids parents to get them to change to another teacher.