Favourite plyo exercises

I find that most dual-leg jumps are damaging for the lower back, with the exception of dual-leg stair jumps where you select a given step level and gradually increase the distance at the bottom of the stairs.[/QUOTE]

stop landing on your toes and you will find that the back problem will magically disappear :wink:

I do quite a lot of jumps upwards in gpp but not much more than this simply because with all the single leg contacts in sprinting I donā€™t think it really makes that much difference for the time it takes. If you have full time athletes then it is more of an option.

id like to see the video tooā€¦
i went 9.75 during the season this year, but i was hurt all year and everytime we tested.
im gunna go over 10 this year when im healthy.
however im actually a jumper not a powerful sprinter like the flying duck

exactly
dont sacrifice GCT with quality landing technique and takeoff technique.

such as when u do hurdle hops, yes ur more quick and bouncy over the hurdles when u go off ur toesā€¦but then your shins are killin u cuz u were putting all the stress on such a small area of ur foot.

use flat footed contacts.

http://www.coachesinfo.com/article/50/

ok a question, when you land on the surface that you are jumping on, if it is a mat and it has some give does that take some of the purpose of the jump (ie- having your muscles absorb the shock of the jump)?