extracorporeal shockwave treatment

Anyone with knowledge on this or anyone use this and liked the results?

Happy Birthday Charlie
Love Ange and James

Is this anything like the laser light therapy? If so, then yes I have tried it. I didn’t get any results for my knees but that may be because my knees are just too far gone.

No, its a sound wave therapy…thanks though

Shock wave therapy breaks down scar tissue and turns a chronic injury into something acute. This allows the healing cascade to start and allow it to heal properly. There are different types of machines, and it is considered a last-ditch effort before surgical correction. Hope this help!

I’ve currently had 2 out of 3 treatments for an insertional achilles tendinopathy I’ve had for over a year. Can update on how it plays out if you’re interested.

Please keep us updated on how it works for you.

please do!

So my third and final treatment today, been told to stay off anything plometric on it for at least the next 10 days and then start introducing running etc. slowly. Was also told that it should continue to improve over the next couple of months not instantly.

A girl I know had patella tendon issues so bad she couldn’t walk and after having the treatments, 3 months on she is now running 3 times a week. I’m with the same physio who claims she has a pretty good success rate.

So my insertional issues have been ongoing for a while. The last year I’ve been limited to running only twice a week and supplementing with everything else under the sun, medballs, bike, pool etc. Towards the end of the summer I’d progressed to 3 sessions a week, but this started causing it to deteriorate again. At 2 sessions a week I pretty much pain free, but decided at the end of the season to take a little extra time off and try and get it sorted. By the time I start introducing the running again it’ll have had nearly 8 weeks off so that should help at least.

Prior to this treatment I’ve seen various physios, podiatrists, surgeons (he said he could detach the achilles, shave the bone and re-attach it and I’d be walking pain free in 6 months, I was already walking pain free so no thank you). Mechanics of foot is always said to be pretty good, orthotics didn’t help, eccentrics helped to a point, GTN patches helped a bit, Cissus helped, but all these things only got me back to where I was, fingers crossed this can get me 100%.

Somone bump this post in a month just in case i forget and I’ll update where I am again.

will do, thanks for the post and hope it goes weel.

Just a quick reply, but I’ve been doing 3 running sessions a week for the last 4 weeks now, with absolutely no pain. I’m still not doing impact work on back to back days, but am sooooo happy with the results.

The research clearly shows it won’t work on everyone, but it worked for me.