ESPN: Bolt would run 3.53 for 40yds (NFL prospect???) LOL...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU1vi1l8gpc&feature=related

Just watch the video.:smiley:

Well Trindon isn’t much to talk to.
Yea they show 3.53 followed by “Trindon reportedly ran 4.27”…ha

Well Trindon isn’t much to talk to, is he?
Yea they show 3.53 followed by “Trindon reportedly ran 4.27”…ha

His 0-40 time was around a 4.2-3 i believe, but the average time he covered 40 yards was 3.53 seconds based on his 200 meter performance. I think the information is misinterpreted. Even looking at his splits from the 100 he reached 30 meters at 3.78 which is about around 98 feet, 20 feet shorter than 40 yards. No doubt would he be an nfl prospect but he did not and cannot cover 0-40 yards in 3.5 f

If someone interviewed me on ESPN I would be screaming into the phone I would be so excited. He’s like ya… it was great when I saw the time on the scoreboard…then he didn’t really say anything else. The espn lady is like lets make this clear that you have never raced. She should have also said…lets make it clear - you would never want to race him either. :smiley:

Using coaches as the clock, he would probably run 3.5

But with a gun and FAT, he’d be around 4.3

many world class sprinters would have/ can run 4 flat ish, in the 40y, so wouldnt Bolt run a little faster…a friend of mine has ran 4.0 something, FAT for 40y and hes a 6.60 guy in the 60m. So im sure bolt could break 4 seconds…

who is this friend of yours :rolleyes:

He could not run a 3.53 in an official combine. Whether it is grass, turf, track, hand-time or automatic, or a hurricane wind behind him. Plus they usually round-up.
Plus his start is horrible.

Why would they compare the average speed of a 100m dash to the average speed of a 40 time???

People like Randel Evans must be laughing at stuff like this. Remember Randel Evans 6.4 for 60m played only a few years in the NFL.

His start is horrible sometimes but it certainly wasn’t bad in Beijing. He’s out on everyone but Thompson in the final.

Your friend cannot run 4.0x FAT for 40y. It’s probably hand-timed.

I think you missed the point. This is FAT, with reaction time, etc. If you’re talking the real life numbers(10m splits) during the 9.72 or 9.69 race, then Bolt would probably cover the 40 in 4.3x.

Hell I ran 4.1 for 40y, and I can tell you that i’m no world class sprinter by any means.

If you subtract reaction time, lets say .150 from 4.35 for example, you now get 4.20. If you subtract the avg .24 for FAT conversions, then now you’re at 3.96. Subtract for any random screw ups as far as stopping the watch too soon, and you could be anywhere from 3.5-3.7. So yes, Bolt would probably run under 4.0 for 40y using the methods that some people use to get these 4.2 and under times. But realistically, he’s probably in the 4.3 range.

If you reverse engineer Trindon’s time, it would be in the 4.6 range

The NFL does not use a gun and they do not record FAT times. They record hand times. Ask James Smith.

Here have fun with this. The NFL also uses turf which is not as fast as a track. Rarely do they use a track to test.

-.2 right there kids.

Anyways.

ironically the only guy that got out better than bolt in beijing was thompson, and that was probably one of the few times that thompson got out first since teamate trindon holliday ran almost evrey race he did, not to mention in practice together. whatever bolt is running for 40 yards, holliday has to be right there with him.

AC