Dwain Chambers Q & A

cant see him being good enough to contest the 2 at the worlds though. Cant even think he would contest it in the uk champs either as our timetables are just stupid lol

When he was a junior, winning the world juniors and running WJR of 10.07, his old coach, Selwyn Philbert I think his name was, used to pay him £20 if he broke 50 seconds, maybe he his going back to the good old days.

Just regarding that which charlie was wondering about with chambers in his lecture(fast changes of direction)…perhaps chambers felt these ‘american football cut’/change of direction runs may have built on or activated slightly/addressed minimally a weak adductor muscle…there is some high speed sports trainers who believe in ‘instantaneous axis of rotation’ as both a supplementary tool/modality as well as a primary means of work

Dwain chambers warmup
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhJU3_OQ6D0

Im liking the side walks and backward walks at 0:35…lately regarding small minor niggling injuries one may feel a day after speed work or heavy weights , the walking sideways shuffle and carioca as well as backward walk(as an activation a few times a day) have seem to have made everyday household chores into an easier 'shakeout’movement activity so to speak

Looks good - DP style warmup and very similar to what I do…

I used to do similar to this then tried other things like just strides and a few drills. I must say, the DP style warmup really works better for me, it “opens” you up better in my opinion, especially in the hips and hamstrings. I feel ready when doing similar to these warmups. I personally add lateral skips not just walks and the back skip I do like a db backpedal.

Charlie did a lot of multi-directional exercises during warm-ups to open up the hips. Not change of direction runs, but LOTS of hurdle walk over/unders. I speak from experience. Carioca drills have similar effects. Another possibility if you don’t have access to hurdles are some of the ground maneuver exercises from Silat, an Indonesian martial art.

I have always thought Charlie’s warm ups were very similar to what DP does. It wouldn’t surprise me to find out that DP got a lot of it idea wise from Charlie. Neither are like Seagrave very much, for example.

Jimmy vicaut and some warmup…
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAL-v8IAa3c

Would you guys just carry out the side shuffling(at 0:18) like vicaut is changing directions while in stride, or break it up and do each side separate…something like 2x20 side shuffle to right, then 2x20m to left

Video doesn’t work.

Its working now

I don’t think that matters at all. Just a general movement for warm up and diagnosis.

Lots of great information regarding warm up in here.

I remember reading Brent McFarlane’s book and he mentions a drill called trippling for warm up. Is this the same as the dribbling Chambers does in that video?

[video=youtube_share;A0vJaBIxh0k]http://youtu.be/A0vJaBIxh0k?t=18s[/video]

Robles does a very similar warm up (judging from the clips). Is that a really fast (straight leg?) shuffle or does it have a different name? (0:18~)

Trippling involves very little knee movement and emphasizes rolling from heel to toe, hard to describe. Looks like Robles uses a low knee lift A drill, the 2nd drill looked like stiff leg dollies but a bit difficult to see with the hurdles in the way.