L-Up——>Hip Lift
Supine Hip Ext.
Double Leg Slide
3-way Roll up

Monday, 2/22/10

Week 7, Day 1

12:00 pm Weight room

Strength Development
(keep in mind, all lifts are preceded by a 3 set warm up)

Back Squat 5 x 3= 370, 380, 390, 390, 400 (set 4 & 5 1-2 reps)
DB Jump Squat 4 x 5= 80
Bench Press 5 x 3= 225
Push Press 4 x 5= 135

Tuesday, 2/23/10

Week 7, Day 2

Workout 3:45 pm workout
Speed Endurance Warm up
200m Skip
Dynamic Stretches/motion

3 x (2 x 80m) @ 90% - 30s/rep-6-8min/set

Weighted Core
Windmill toe touch 2x10 each
The Rack - 20k - 2x20s + 15 lifts
BB Twist 2x10 each
Reverse Hypers 3x10
DB Saxon side bend 2x10 each

Tuesday, 2/23/10

Week 7, Day 2

4:45 pm Weight room

Strength/Power Development
(keep in mind, all lifts are preceded by a 3 set warm up)

Power Clean 5 x 2= 205, 210, 225, 230, 230
Clean Pull (from block) 5 x 3= 215, 225, 253, 253, 253
RDL 4 x 3= 135
Reverse Hypers 4 x 6
Wt. Pull-Ups 4 x 5

u got any meets upcoming?

I might run March 5th at a last chance meet. I’m not sure yet. I’m also debating going to Boston for Indoor Master Champs.

Thursday, 2/25/10

Week 7, Day 4

Workout - 4 am wake up, 5 am workout
Max V Warm up
200m skip
50m of short warm up
600m (50m walk, 50m accel)
Dynamic stretches x 10 reps
Build ups

“Step-Ups” (w/ fly-in) @ 90-95%
4 x 20m
3 x 30m
2 x 40m
1 x 50m
1-2 min recovery / rep
3-5 min recovery / set

I was really sore today. I’ve had some tightness since Monday with my heavy squat workout. It probably didn’t help that I had a flag football scrimmage last Sunday as well. When I figured on my 2nd rep of flying 20’s I decided that the speed wasn’t there so to make the effort worth it, I changed the rest and shortened it and focused on making it more of an SE workout by running at about 95%. I made sure that there was a change in speed once I hit 30m, then I just maintained and didn’t try to turn it over hard and grind it out.

Go for it. What age does masters start at.

It starts at age 30.

I haven’t posted in a while because I haven’t done a workout since last Thursday. I have two massive blisters on my the balls of both feet from over the weekend and I have had a hard time walking the last few days so I haven’t done a workout because I want them to heal. I have never had a blister quite like this before. The skin was literally rubbed off. I was planning to compete on Friday, but that is out the window because of the blisters. I’m going to try to get a workout in today and some light lifting. After all, this week was an unloading week so I’ll pick up with the week I missed next weekend. So I have Friday off and will just spend it with my wife.

Looking at your training I can see that you are very dedicated getting up at 4am! Very inspiring! I’m guessing this is work related? How many hours sleep do you get?

I notice the samething, I couldn’t do it. :slight_smile:

I get anywhere from 6-8 hours of sleep. The days get rough when I have meetings at night with work and I’m up later than I would like to be. Right now I work from 6-3 because I coach at a HS so I’m up early and lifting at lunch. At the end of the day I’m ready to be home. It does take it’s toll on me, but I have to make it work, I have no other choice. I sometimes wonder if anyone else is up that early working out.

I think Flo-Jo used to workout on the track at midnight sometimes because she worked in a bar or something. You gotta do what you gotta do

And flojo was a professional sprinter.

Yeah, I gotta do what I gotta, but if I were professional, I wouldn’t be up that early and I wouldn’t be in the midwest. I just love what I do. Sometimes to do what you enjoy you gotta go an extra mile. I may get up that early, but that doesn’t mean I enjoy sprinting that early. Just a better fit with work.

Wednesday, 3/3/10

Week ??, Day 1

Acceleration Warm up
200m skip
Dynamic stretches
2 x 30m @85 in trainers
2 x 20m in spikes
1 x 10m fly with 30m run in

2 x (3 x 30m med ball accel throws) 1-2min/rep - 5min/set
4 x 30m block starts
Cool down 4 x 100m - Static/dynamic stretches

3 x squat throw
3 x Roll back and throw

4 x 30m block starts

Friday, 3/5/10

Week ??, Day 2

Max V Warm up
200m skip
50m of short warm up
Dynamic stretches x 10 reps
Build ups

“Step-Ups” (w/ fly-in) @ 90-95%
4 x 20m
3 x 30m
1-2 min recovery / rep
3-5 min recovery / set

I ran today with my HS kids. I ran pretty well and I was actually surprised with the results. I don’t have them in my watch, but they were a little faster than the last time I did this workout. Due to time in our field house I had to cut it short, but I was happy with the speed I had. All of my times were under 2.0 for flying 20m and under 3.0 for a flying 30m. I didn’t race today like I had wanted. I like the lay out of my workouts so I’m to figure out after my 12 weeks how I can adjust them for an outdoor season if I wanted to race.

There are some advantages to training in the midwest, places like Tx, Fl, Az, and Cali if the weather is shitty then most likely you can’t train because there are not many indoor facilities. Also there seems to be more indoor and outdoor competitions in the midwest.