Drills for Strength Endurance

Its not mentioned in the GPP DVD but does Charlie or others use Running A’s or Dollies beyond 30m in the GPP phase to improve strength endurance. Its on the SPP graph in the Vancouver DVD do you wait until a conditioning base is established then intoroduce them or introduce them earlier. ?

I think you could do some strength end work during gpp, running a’s, bounds etc.

You can usually fit some in on Sat and they progress throught the phase

Could a sample Mach strength end session be too much during gpp:

1-2x100m bounding/100m tempo/50m A’s.
60m a
80m a
60 b
20min jog

Not necessarily for 200/400 guys S-tol in phase one or 100/200 L-to-S in phase one (my opinon) Look at the graphs I made for the Vanc downloads for examples

Last track season I introduced too much volume too soon and ended up with many guys having tight hip flexors the rest of the season. I don’t remember off hand how many was the first day but I think around 3-5. This year I’m doing to do 1 rep on day one and add 1 more every two workouts that call for strength end.

yes, you need to be progressive.

This year I’m doing to do 1 rep on day one and add 1 more every two workouts that call for strength end.

Alternatively you might want to progress distances and surface (15m, 30m, 50m on grass, 30m, 40m, 50m, 60m, 60+m on track).

Yes I feel you could do that too. The main point is to be progressive because they can be quite stressful.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I will look to introduce it very gradually over the GPP so that by the SPP they can manage good distances. We used it (running A’s) following speed endurance during SPP2 this year and it certainly helped. KitKat in the thread on 400m stated that he uses Dollies for strength endurance, would you use this in the same session as A’s, separate sessions or drop one for the other ? thoughts anyone ?