does it work?

i know many people are curious about the gpp workout volumes - even i was before starting the workouts, im here to tell you it is very doable. also i am starting my second and i can already tell the diff in my performance!

to all the people who are following cf gpp phase im curious how things are going.

Good, and loving it, I tried to follow the volumes, but by the last set i was so tired, so i lowered the volume a bit. But I love the gpp, I feel stronger and better prepared.

u cut the last set everyweek? how much rest were u taking?

Which GPP workout volumes?

I have done 2 workouts for the first week (kinda started midweek for various reasons) and the volume was not bad at all and I wasn’t even using a grass hill. Far easier than I thought it was going to be volume wise.

r u using a track then?

Parking garage ramp. Perfect angle, flat, long, and great grip.

i c u r getting that work capacity up -lol.

My squad are just completing week 4, all seem to be coping okay. They have done this type of med ball work before, and the tempo. The hills are in greater volume than we have done before but the rests are longer to make up for that. I have altered the weights a bit, less exercises as the sessions would have been going on too late in the evening. They need to eat and sleep to make it all work. Hows the med ball going utfootball are you getting used to that okay ?

I personaly love the medball work and can feel it helping with my explosiveness and acceleration

yeh the medball is going good, the reps < to 8 for the next 2 weeks and week 7 all med ball will be drop. what changes did you make to the weights?

GPP seems to be working great for me :slight_smile: however I have made some modifications to adapt program to myself

It´s impossible to me to work running + weights at each day due to my responsabilties (maybe I could if I cut a lot the volumes of work :confused: ) , so I use a cylcle like Day1-Hills , Day2-Weights , Day3-Tempo (with one rest day/week)

In the weight zone I´m following some of the principles given by David W. (great ones :smiley: ) and they are working so so fine for me (thanks a lot David W :slight_smile: )

About the volumes of hill work and tempo work , they are quite the same as in the dvd (but only for 2 sessions/week of each one , what reduces the weekly volumes), however I´ve got to say that this fact causes my training sessions to spend 150 min at Hill days

To conclude I can say that GPP seems pretty good to me , but you must adapt it to yourself.

Thanks Charlie and all of you who have help me to learn a bit more of the speed training :slight_smile: !!!

gpp was hard for the 1st 3wks, comming of a long lay off.
then, things started doing what they do for me when it involves running, i start actually running…
Finnished GPP, running fantastic.
Spp. after wk 3, things are falling apart abit… Running too fast maybe? need to revamp my recoverys to allow for the extra speed i am doing. I used to know what running speeds i was doing, mentally, i could run a 30.1 or a 29.9 200, if you wanted me too. or run a flying 1.1 10m or a 1.3? i know my speeds.
I no longer know my top speeds??? Speed endurance i still do, its only acc for 20-30m, so its easy. But max speed, i am flying. I would hazard a guess, 0.9 - 0.95 for a flying 10m. Which for a guy used to running good distance running, is flying. I think i can knock of a further 0.1 - 0.05 per 10m, and maintain for longer periods and get there sooner. I can feel so much more improvement is left. untapped.
The program works, make sure the diet is right, work or rest is right and generall recoverys are going great, and expect big results.
This will be a good season.

what things from david w u r following, to me his weights are light

thats too bad, so ur body cant handle to spp vol"?

You running .95 for fly 10m and think you can cut another .1? Look out world.

i think he was just giving an example not his actually times.

correct. its just the feeling as i have never run faster than 1.01 for a timed 10m segment, (recorded time). since doing Gpp and starting Spp, i can certainly feel that the new times are heaps faster. In fact, the other week, when i had to run on grass, for a 20 easy 20fast 20 easy, i did it on the track i had been training on for years. The time (in my head) i had been running them on tartan had elapsed and yet, i still had like 5mtrs to go. It felt like a 2.1 for a 20m on grass (yet at 15meters, it felt like i should have already finnished as i had been doing them regulary on tartan).
So, 1. the training sytem works.
and 2. running on grass for me is a waste of time
When i get the opportunity, the camcorder will come out for some timed 20m. (as it is a totally new speed, i really have no idea how fast/slow it really is??).
It feels like it could be a 1.8? Or perhaps my brain has forgoten the last 10yrs of running and im running a 2.8 20m?

Also, can i handle the SPP volume?
Currently it seems not. As it is concentrating on more speed endurance than max speed, perhaps it is the endurance componant?? Perhaps it is just my diet? as i have cut a lot of carbs out to help loose excess body fat, perhaps i have to up the carbs more now, which i have been doing the last few days, and feeling more energy from it too. UP the vitamins and mineralls too, if that all still fails, then i will have to rearrange the training somewhat…
If you change it all at once, how do you know what was casuing the problem??

dont drop the carbs!! i think u should have left the special end as is with the 60’s instead of changing it.