DLine Training

Like I said he has run all of ZERO yards in two years and he weighs well over 300 lbs. He hasn’t lifted weights at all. He’s not rb or wr. This is day one from sedentary borderline obese. His ass could barely do 5x50 today. R u a coach?

So are you a coach?

Guess you not going to answer me. If you are a full time coach, I’m curious why would you take on such a task because you have nothing to gain from it.

My iPhone had no signal. Simple question, simple answer - no.

Never have and never would act like I am. He has no other option even though I told him to talk to his uni track coach and sc coach. I wouldn’t have asked your and everyone elses opinion if I felt I was all knowing. Being blessed with common sense, I reason that a 300 lbs man with no physical background at all in two years who is having some difficulty completing 50 yard runs needs to be evaluated before he attempts a substantial amount of volume. Your thoughts on what you would do in that situation would be welcome.

I’m sure you will do a great job with all the experience you have gotten from Mike training. I just don’t see anyone making much progress in speed and power in two weeks (2 wk load/1 wk unload) and with all big men general fitness is always a area of weakness. Keep us updated on his progress. I often have potential clients like your guy and I normally turn them away after all - my clients are my walking billboard.

He’d have to get lucky to get speed and power increases.

I just hope he sticks with the tempo running at a minimum so he at least gets some kind of fitness.

If I made a living training people I probably would not help him either, at least not formally where someone would know.

Trick him into doing tempo, that’s why I like the idea of bike tempo, mb, hurdles, core work, and other various drills with big men (ol/dl/4 an 5 men)…

Good ideas.

I really like the bike tempo alternative followed by medball and mobility.

Day 1.

Didn’t get to meet him to train. He decided to do 10x50 yard gassers and pushups in lieu of the short accels and lower body weights we had planned. He’ll get some conditioning from it.

Worse part…tweaked his groin. I may send him to the therapist I used today for some ham work. I haven’t had the chance to discuss whether he did the extensive warm up I told him to do. I have my doubts, he half assed it yesterday so he probably did today.

Tamfb advice sounding really good right now. I see why you don’t take these big guys who wait until the last minute.

Is your athlete ready? :slight_smile:

He quit. He doesn’t want to try out now. It’s…too hard. He got a cushy FCA job.

Maybe I should have gotten him to do 10x25 ext tempo lol.

If this were my job I would listen to tamfb and NEVER take on one of these guys.