Differences between Downloads/DVDs

Members

The key differences between downloads and DVDs is compression.

For obvious reasons, we can’t stream a fully compressed DVD over the internet. Both films are exactly the same except one is intended for instant viewing (download) and the other is intended for watching on your television.

On the note of graphs featured in our films, we have prepared supplemental downloads for EVERYONE that purchases a download. Some of the graphs in the download are not as clear as the DVD (which is to be expected). Beyond that, expect all the action the films offer. The downloads were created to speed up delivery for our customers that want to get started immediately and side step delivery wait times.

Questions?

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

Where can we find those graph downloads?

In the customer support thread.

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

Thanks much!

Hi Rupert, I’m looking for advice. I would like to purchase a DVD/Download and/or an Ebook from the site. I have the CFTS book and have read Speed Trap and have followed a short to long pattern of training for my squad of adult sprinters. Having joined the site I am learning more and more about Charlie’s type of training and would like some more guidlines on how to best prepare for 2007, Im UK based. Can you recommend which product would help me the most, I’m not inexperienced but no way near as knowledgable as I could be. Look forward to your reply.

PhilG

Have a look at my reviews of the material in the reviews and recommendations section. I give a blow by blow account of what happens in the videos. Personally I think you need the Van’02 and Van’04 tapes. They go together well. The Van’04 tape explains exactly how to set up a short to long programme for SPP1. The forum reviews are great as well but for you first thing is Van’02 and Van’04 then look at the Ebook Forum Review.

http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?t=10841
http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?t=10840

Review section with all my reviews

http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Thanks TC your a top man, I have printed the reviews and about to have a read. I had wondered about the GPP DVD, or would that be best kept for later.

PS is your avatar one of the guys from ‘Cheers’, every time I see it I fancy a beer.

Thanks again

PhilG

Yes, Cheers it is! As for the GPP DVD well if you are going to prepare for 2007 (only a few months now) well that would also be immediately relevant as GPP comes before SPP1! They are all excellent products you won’t be dissapointed with any of them - i bought them all in one go and they were the best track investment i have ever made. The only problem I had was waiting for them to get to Europe. Now with the downloads you don’t have to wait.

Have to check the bank account then, thanks TC.

Money a bit tight at the moment, have just had to purchase a new computer as the old one was on its last legs. Are there any e books which replicate the information that I need. I could manage for the time being and start buying info on DVD later when funds are better.

The downloads are immediate and you save the cost of shipping.

I think the dvd’s are really the way to go. THe forum reviews are very detailed but generally fill you in on information you might like after watching the DVDs. In my opinion.

I see what you mean, I wondered if there was supporting information to the DVD’s that i could read via e book. Do you think that the GPP download would be the best one to start with. I read the GPP thread and it was very interesting but I could do with the download to get the full picture. There was reports in that thread from Supermanof some anomalise on the DVD, have they been rectified ?. Thanks for your input as well Charlie. I watched Austin Powers a few weeks ago and thought of you.

Many thanks TC

Any problems with compatability on the DVDs arn’t a problem with the downloads. The DVDs all play fine on computers it is the problems with compatability on DVD players that is/used to be an issue.

Sorry TC I havn’t made myself clear, it was regarding the graphs on the DVD. On the thread Charlie replied to say that he would speak to the guy who made the DVD to discuss the problems. It was on the thread titled GPP and it was Supervenosuperman who highlighted the problems in his posts. It was an old post so I would hope the problems have been corrected.

These graphs can be downloaded from the site, see the thread here:

http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?t=13464

Hi again TC, have just purchased the DVD, tried your link, didn’t work I’m afraid but found a link that Rupert posted that one was okay. No doubt will have many questios for you, Charlie and the rest of the users so watch out.

My link goes to Ruperts post. Don’t know why it doesn’t work now.

please can some one give me a link to where i can download the graphs from?

http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?t=13484