diet and performance

You can have a positive nitrogen balance whilst not having surplus calories. Take away calories from fats & carbs.

did that, still doesn’t change shit. I didnt recover effectively. My body needs high fat to feel good to.

Maybe you had some other vitamin + mineral deficit. Do you eat plenty of fruit and vegetables?

About diet, I think the problem is on two key points:

1. Cellular water/total water balance
  2. Kind of carbs/Glicemy level.
    Both are correlated.

If you don’t eat junk food, take vitamin pills, eat protein, fruit, vegetables, sometime eat a pizza or choccolate, I do not belive you have a specific nutritional deficit.
Low neurumuscular performance is high related to autonomic tone (foods can cause dis-autonomia, CNS/ANS disturbance) and carbs can alterate cellular water and protective reaction of the body.
When you have an extracellular water drop (under 39% of total water), you can have low performance and injury risk.
Try to use a more “sodic” water, or any supplement that enhance your hidric retention.

yes, had fruits multivitamins, had it to around the necessary amount to get liver going. Ate lots of veggies, at some point i didnt but picked it back up again and it was fine.

this is what i really want to know. I have had an right eyelid twitch (very benign) for months, i feel fine not stressed or nothing, everyday i had to deal with this little eyetwitch, i’m used to it now. I had a delayed gag reflex but its there obviously. So something with the nervous system is up, yet i’m improving somewhat from where i started. How long can my body normalize? its been 3 weeks that i’m off the diet eating normally. I look more defined now, but i hover 165 hahahaha 3 lbs from where i started (boy does my body love water and fat) I"m eating average 2300kcals

I’m trying this year with some athletes a sort of modified metabolic diet (read blood type diet) with interesting results.
Probably you have an affinity to fat/pro respect to carbs/pro approach.
Some your symptoms (as eyetwitch) are related with CNS stress, see your training first and then diet.

i relaxed my training at times, even with 3 days rest of doing nothing i still get the twitch. But i’m a mover so i dance around and stuff so who knows.

You must be the unknown then Senri, everything people have said is dismissed by you lol.

Ever thought about getting a complete blood profile, thyroid, etc checked?

yeah i got that done, i have to wait a week for it.

heheh no no i’m not unknown, i just want to know something i dont know. I want to get to the root get peoples ideas. I’m no different then anybody else.

Jamirok. Eating a diet like that in a slight calorific deficit, do you think that will cause your body fat to drop and normalise at an appropriate level, without causing a performance drop off?

when i went to my first race i was 151lbs, very water depleted once i ate some carbs and drnak lots of waters in a day i went to 159lbs, and then few days after 165lbs.

so you gained 14 lbs in how many days? :confused:

That is a heck of a lot to gain! What was your diet like in that time?

my calorie intake was 1000kcals which is little, most of the calories was from protein, i wanted to drop alot of fat in that final week and that would be that. I felt fine, it seems that my body wasn’t my recovery must’ve sucked.

THen again the race i ran so slow in, was my first time using blocks, i took the bus there which was a 3 hour busride, I lost my main spikes and knew about it as soon i was gonna leave for the race, so i got into a bad mood so i don’t know if using my old spikes could’ve affected my times. HOwever with my recent tested run i don’t think all these factors matter.

1000kcal is so little!!! Doesn’t that make you feel weak and like your training is suffering??

I’m not a diet expert and my answers are related to regulatory mechanism response.
Generally we speak about diet only from a fat loss aspect, but diet activate a survival/protective mechanism and performance cannot be at the best with this body situation.
My idea is search what kind of macronutrient balance is better for athletes.
A my friend has intestinal problems when doesn’t eat carbs, I have intestinal problems when eat too much fat, another my athlete has fatigue (mental) when eat to much carbs.
We can have 3 basic simple concept:

1. calorie in/calorie out related to activity/training level
  2. fast or slow oxidative system
  3. carbs tolerance or carb/fat/pro combination
    If you are a slow oxidative people and eat too much and bad fat, have an high training activity and eat few calories and you’re sensible to carbs and eat mars/sugar/juice your performance will be terrible!
    For specific diet design i leave the last word to the expert.

This sounds a lot like metabolic typing, which I think is a great nutritional plan for all people, athletes and others, to follow. If you haven’t, definitely give it a look.

thats teh thing i felt fine for the most part, trainign felt fine, i felt FASTER since i was so light, i wasn’t timed so i did not know how slow i was getting. So my perception of speed must of been messed.

yeah i do good on lots of protein and fats, carbs i can tolerate but can have some allergies i notice to some western food, (didn’t know until i got off the diet, now i have an allergy for them hmm). I can eat lots of carbs but after awhile i get tired easily, within 30mins after eating. THis can be as little as 100grams of carbs will make me snooze. I get bloated easily so i’m probably insulin resistant in that respect to an extent anway.