Daily Amount Of Protein for sprinters?

It is not about how much protien your body can absorb at one sitting that should matter but how the protien wether it be 30g or 50g will function as a calorie. If you ingest 50g of protien in a meal sure your body will absorb X% of it the rest is not “waste” it will metabolize differently than carbohydrate and or fat. Since it will break down slower than the other 2 sources you will have more stable energy levels and also cover the bases when it comes to preventing muscle breakdown.

Barrardi recently advocated male athletes eating 50g of protien for breakfast. This makes sense to me since imagine how your insulin levels will react if you havent eaten anything for 10hours or more then throw some carbohydrate in your body, this doesn’t start the day off right for proper energy maintenance.
Obviously there is a tipping point, to much or ecessive amounts of protien can result in weight gain (fat) for the same reason as stated above (protiens function as a calorie).
Just my take on things I am a huge Berrardi beliver, I began adding more protien into my breakfastst and my weight went up for the first time in a long time I was 173 in a matter of a few weeks I jumped to over 180lbs. Is this scentific evidence NO but personal expereince isn’t that bad!!

I have followed the average of 1g per pound of body weight. However I used to follow (when growing) 1.5 all the time, and sometimes 2g per pound of body weight.

However 1.2-1.5g per ib body weight sounds right.

Eat 3 good meals through the day, include egg in ur breakfast, good amount of white/red meat in ur lunch, large amount in ur dinner.

Take a bar (protein) and you should get enough.