Critique my in-season weights setup

Hey guys, could you please critique my in season weights setup for Australian football.

I currently don’t have access to enough weights to do squats or deadlifts, so dont bother making reccomendations that involve those two exercises. Also, my biggest weakness is my strength and acceleration, while my top speed and running vert are both fairly decent.

Here is my current weekly setup:

Saturday
Match day

Sunday - Rest

Monday

Weights – Bulgarian squat (3x6-10), 1 leg RDL (2x8-10), Overhead press (3x6-8), DB rows (3x8-12)

Tuesday
Team training

Wednesday
Weights – Bulgarian squat (3x6-10), Bench (3x6-8), DB rows (3x8-12)

Thursday
Team training

Friday - Rest

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

looks ok…but you will have 4 days of consectutive training i would do one of the weight seesions after team training

Yeah, that would be my preference, but it isn’t practical for me to lift after training.

Im currently tossing up between the following two setups for my in-season training:

(1)
Mon - Upper Body
Tue - Team Training
Wed - Lower Body
Thu - Team Training
Fri - Upper Body
Sat - Match
Sun - Rest

(2)
Mon - Full Body Weights
Tue - Team Training
Wed - Full Body Weights
Thu - Team Training
Fri - Rest
Sat - Match
Sun - Rest

I don’t lift based of percentages, but in both setups, the sessions would be kept pretty short, and all lifting would be kept well short of failure.

The advantage with setup 1 is that I would have three full days between the match and my lower body weights. In setup 2 on the other hand, I would be doing lower body lifts on Monday after a Saturday match. Most weeks I would probably be too sore to do any lower body lifts that soon after a game.

The main advantage of setup 2 is that I would get an extra rest day on Friday. I don’t think this would really be an issue though, as the Friday upper body session would be kept very light in setup 1.

Any suggestions / comments?

Bump.

Any thoughts?

I dont have that much experience with weights, so I’m interested to hear what kind of setup has worked for other people for in-season training.

If you’re concerned about acceleration, why only one lower body day? Also, if you’re lifting well short of failure and want to increase strength, you may want to increase intensity one day per week, something in the 3-5 reps per set area.

How about…

Mon - Lower Body (3-5 reps per set)
Tue - Team Training
Wed - Upper Body (3-5 reps per set)
Thu - Team Training
Fri - Full Body (Easier day, 6-10 reps per set)
Sat - Match
Sun - Rest

Hits upper and lower twice per week, once hard and once easy. Varies rep scheme. Still only three days in the weight room.

Thanks for the response.

Ideally I would like to increase strength, but realistically I can probably only expect to maintain strength during the season.

The reason for only one lower body day is that it’s hard to fit two in during the season. On Monday I will quite often be too sore to do a lower body session with any significant intensity.

I’m not sure about doing a full body session the day before a match, but I suppose if I kept the weight pretty light it shouldn’t impact my performance in the match on Sat.

What’s your opinion on the following setup:

Mon - Upper Body
Tue - Team Training
Wed - Lower Body
Thu - Team Training
Fri - Full Body (Easier)
Sat - Match
Sun - Rest

That way I will be recovered from the match by the time I work lower body on Wed.

Your setup is good, 2x per week inseason is good.