Coach Ange's blog

Coach Mike Boyle ( does anyone know him or have you worked with him? )

I have yet to meet him.

I am not sure if Charlie met him.

A few coaches I know or have known have mentioned his name and liked him and liked his work.

Someone recently sent me a note mentioning that Coach Boyle spoke of one of Charlie’s books in a positive way.

When someone in the S and C world or coaching world mentions Charlie in a favorable way, the store lights up like a Christmas tree. I think that is pretty cool.

About 15 years ago or more we shifted to downloads vs real books. Remember when you had to get signatures to get receive packages in the snail mail?

Apparently Boyle said Charlie’s books were no longer available.

Almost everything Charlie wrote is on this website for sale.

I am going to print books again. I like books.

I liked the download idea from before but I like books better. Time to pivot.

Books are especially useful for educational purposes and coaching and training. I like to write in my books, ask questions in the margins and I like the feel and smell and experience of a real hard copy book.

Tech is revolutionary for so many things including books and reading. I am not a huge fan of reading longer items of material online…Yuck.

Blue light overload…even when you have filters all that fake light doesn’t feel great to me. I don’t care if they can’t prove it yet, we need more natural light and less artificial all things.

Tudor’s books which he gave me are falling apart. I love Tudor’s stuff. I can ask him anything and I love how method based he is. I like to refer to him and think about how Charlie used his material but changed it to suit me or someone else he was working with. I have learned so much from Tudor.

When Tudor designed my first lifting schedule he wanted me to squat a certain way but because I had a substantial leg differential we had to be careful and thoughtful about how I made the squatting work for me.

I had trouble performing squats initially. Tudor wanted me to squat one way and it was amusing to listen to Tudor and Charlie chat about how the squatting would be managed in the training program.

One of the NFL men Charlie coached was asking me the other day if I was still performing squats. For sure I am performing body weight squats. At this moment I am more interested in sprinting and if I have anything left over I might do a few squats with something heavy-ish.

Strange but true fact. I organized a small group of people to coach a while back. We never worked in groups or numbers except seminars. I wanted to see who could perform what exercises…

NO ONE WAS ABLE TO SQUAT.

Even my kids at high school had issues performing squats. That opened my eye’s to how important this exercise is for daily life. As coaches and athletes we only think about performance on the track or field.

MOBILITY first people. If you are not able to do one squat easily to the ground with zero weight what the “f” are you doing putting weight on your back?

Anywayzzzz. At some point I am going to make a point to stop in and see Boyle. See if he recognizes me. LOL

One more thing…

If you are one of the many who bought the training manual recently via Coach Boyle’s suggestion I am gifting you one product from the site compliments of www.charliefrancis.com.

Many of you bought other products as well and this offer applies to you as well.

I am appreciative of organic feedback.

39 years before I met Charlie he spent his life training as one of Canada’s top sprinters and then coached.

When I joined him, training and coaching was our entire life. No vacations except work vacations. Moving athletes, coaches and seekers of knowledge into our home. We cooked, we cleaned and we raised our son along side our businesses.

If you are one of these coaches and athletes I support you and am here to try and assist or help but you have to help yourself and the information here will help you.

Cheers to the best year yet for all of us in 2022.

Contact me via the site if you wish
Let me know what you are interested in and I’ll get it done.

Stay in your own lane.

Share your lane.

Sprint your own life.

Best time to dig a well is when you aren’t thirsty ( not sure who said that but it’s a good one)

Coach Michael Boyle has been telling ppl to read CF’s Material, especially CFTS for years and years.

Thanks Balance.

I had no idea about Boyle promoting Charlie’s work.

I appreciate you letting me know

https://complementarytraining.net/interview-with-mike-boyle/

Posted by Mladen Jovanovic on 30/12/2013 in Non-Membership Content
Duxx or MJ always gave credit also.

Interview With Mike Boyle
There are four coaches that were highly influential on my physical preparation philosophy and practice. The first one that actually started my whole journey was late Charlie Francis. Joe Kenn and Dan Baker come next. Then there is Mike Boyle. Mike was the only one of the four ‘horsemen’ that I have actually met in person and interned with/under in the summer 2010 at his state-of-the-art and award winning facility in Woburn, Massachusetts.

One can do a search on twitter for “mboyle1959 charlie francis” to see that he had great respect for CF and what he learned from reading his Material.

The Sport hasn’t changed much since the 80s other than, nowadays, many Sprinters make bigger jumps (Major Improvements) from one year to the next than ever before. It was a lot more gradual in the 80s.

once I started to think about it, Ian King had and likely still has a positive, constructive and progressive professional relationship with Coach Boyle. Ian had a positive influence on me on. On the recommendation of Steve Monardo I went to one of Ian’s boot camps. Monardo
became a friend to Charlie and I and was the first person to push me to get a website. He was annoyingly relentless and I then pushed Charlie. Originally we mailed the training manual and speed trap but that was a pain in the butt. Best thing we ever did was gather all the info and preserve it.I was working with someone who gave me my first computer. Charlie had been contacted by someone on the west coast in Santa Barbara who became a masters client and friend. These Masters clients, Tony and Pat, are amazing people. Tony gifted me a Psion which was the forerunner to the Palm pilot. At the time he was running a successful company in the oil business from his hand held Psion device not much larger than todays phones. I will make a point to reach out to Boyle.

At some point the sport of track and field would benefit wonderfully from one of their superstars to lead the sport into a renovation and facelift towards 2022 and beyond. I wonder which superstar, male, female, he, she, they what ever…will have the brains, beauty, gusto and interest to make a real mark off the track. We, the beautiful and amazing sport of track and field deserves to run or jog alongside the facelift and renovation of spirit that other more organized sports enjoy. The end users are the athletes and each one of them deserves better for all the hard work. And I am not just speaking about the champions but anyone who puts in the time and energy as “amateurs”. Just my opinion is all…

Weren’t they Triathletes? It’s been 20 years or so. Hard to remember details on some of the athletes that CF worked with.

Charlie worked with one triathlete that I knew of.

It will be 12 years May 2022 that Charlie died.

34 years since Seoul in September 2022.

Balance,

What part of California are you in?

STUDY

Thank you Mike Boyle. Don’t know you but you have influence in the training world and that’s a good thing when you know your stuff. I appreciate the attention to Charlie’s training manual. He never wanted to write it as he had to deal with the government agency but it became a moot point to please the governing body once they banned him for life ( yet to be reinstated to this day).

Here I am 12 years later continuing to sharing his wisdom and experience with anyone interested in learning something. Charlie was a top 5 in the world sprinter and then coached and developed many of the best athletes and sprinters the world has seen.

About Studying…

It’s not all about any one area to study and become knowledgeable about speed work, speed training and how to be your fastest possible. Most anyone will be able to be faster but are you actually living up to your full potential.

Mostly people buy the books but the lectures are what bring this content to life. Don’t expect to watch it once or twice to learn what you need. It will take you time to digest and experiment the same way I have done and Charlie did and the same way we have applied all of this information with our work outside the elite speed world.

“Best time to dig a Well is when you aren’t thirsty”

Nor Cal. Sacramento area.

CAN can’t temp. freeze bitcoin. I wonder if the Elites have solid plans to get rid of it or bring it to zero. I don’t think so.
We shall see.
Thoughts, OldBloke?

Bitcoin. Define elites for me. If you mean central banks, governments/tax departments then -

Central banks will worry when/if bitcoin threatens central bank management of monetary policy or the stability of commercial banks. It is not big enough to influence either at the moment.

Governments worry about criminal activity, hiding of money and unrecognised capital gains within a bitcoin portfolio. IRS, HMRC etc cannot identify capital gains in an anonymous asset. They are now starting to investigate people for doing this.

Commercial banks are starting to worry about money laundering via bitcoin, and in the Uk are now starting to interrogate people about the source of their money when making major purchases such as a house.

Individuals are only tempted by bitcoin for its capacity to increase in capital value. Unless they are a criminal. Once that capital growth declines why hold it ?
Only about 4% of money is held in coins and banknotes, the rest are already digital records in banks. As are every share/bond that you hold. So we are already digital. Bitcoin is just a distributed ledger aka blockchain design, with a bunch of funky encrypton stuff that will probably be broken by quantum computers some day. Rather than a typical bank type of centralised relational database. Which has bank responsibility in the event of fraud and government compensation schemes.

As a currency its a complete crock. You cant buy anything useful with it, have you ever heard of anyone holding a morgage or pension in it - too unreliable. If banks tighten up on money laundering it will be more difficult to turn it into a traditional currency, and if you cant do that its useless for most people.
The whole thing would grind to a halt if it went large scale. Can you imagine bitcoin mining once vast numbers of bitcoin transaction take place.

So I dont see the elites (?) banning it, more a case of it being a fad that will fade away completely. Or be replaced by a more technically reliable model that is less anonymous, technically more sound and with more stable value.

Bitcoin is fine if you fancy a punt now. I would suggest you look at trading volumes in bitcoin as well as the price. Along with typical transaction times and transaction costs.

Personally I very occasionally use 3xshort or 3xlong index instruments or vix for high risk trading.

By the way my comment about increasing transaction times and costs is a personal view that degradation of these parameters may indicate that the tecnology model is grinding to a halt under the weight of bitcoin data and transactions. Which will make it a lot less desirable.

As always, thanks for your input.

By Elites, I mean the Rothschilds, the Rockefellers, and a few others.
The ones that Lindsey Williams, The Late Aaron Russo, etc talk about with great detail.

BTW, mortgages? Yes, I have. I can look for more detail on that soon. Not for myself, but to see how it’s going for them.

Elites as exampled by miilionaire families from the last century and as defined by minor politicians/conspiracy theorists/nut jobs.

Mortgages - I mean home loans. Buy a house for say $500k, mortgage is taken out in a crypto currency. Crypto goes up by 10times the loan is now $5Mill. You are still being paid in dollars. Until most of your income/cost regime is crypto denominated the major parts of your debt equation are just a giant foreign exchange position. Try and hedge that one…

By the way where do you stand on crypto economics, regulation and technology compared to me.

I’ve invested a little in it (House money now). My stance is in the middle of the road at the moment. Very hard to tell which way it goes from here.
Most CC will crash in burn IMO. I could care less if it goes up or down to be honest. But I do love that fact that I get in at the right times, so far before big moves.
I hear to many good things about it from my brother in SWIS and others in the network. I do appreciate views from the other side as well.

I hear that large insurance companies are starting to line up to get their bitcoin? if that’s true and they move forward…there is now way it will be worthless.
I’m seeing so many ppl screw up on their taxes bc their stupid incompetent tax ppl think bc Bitcoin went up and even if they just held, that they have to pay taxes on it anyways.
Way too confusing for most, ppl at the moment.

on a zoom call. gotta go.