Chris6878's journal.

3/28
Ran with my highschool athletes.
3x10 starts
20,30m starts
2x60 standing. Float last 20. I ran 6.9,6.76 for the 60.
1x120 13.6. I died out the last 15. I’m thinking the last 60 took a lot out.
Tried to do my hurdle hops but I cramped in my calf on the second set. I called it a day. I took some creatin, but I don’t think I got enough water in my system.

No weights. Easy tempo tomorrow.

http://speedendurance.com/2013/03/25/the-6x200m-workout/
3/29
did the classic 6x200 tempo today. the combo of hellafied winds and sore hammies made it tougher than it already was.
6x2 90 sec rest. 37,34,33,38,43,43. the last two I was done. I also kept my warmups on.

Whoa. I’ve tried incorporating the 6x200 a few times with my guys, and I like giving them 2min. Think you could have finished it with 2min instead of 90sec?

YEa it would have been a lil easier. The second to last one was smack into the wind which took all I had left and the last was just a struggle to home plate. lol. But I think the wind runs were taking too much

After watching the video with carl doin em I figured I could do that even if it would be slower. guess I was wrong

Yeah at a glance 6x200m @ ~35sec w/ 90sec doesn’t look all that hard for at 22 guy. :slight_smile:

3/30 off, did dep pushups and abs
3/31 first day of fly’s. Forgot to bring my isorobic exerciser.
5x10 bs 3x40 bs
4x20m fly with 30m run up. 2.1,2.01,2.09,2.02. felt good for my first day. Need to drop those times
1x60 standing. 6.72.

Doing a maintenance phase on the weights.
3x10 overhead squats with bar
5x5x225 sq. I havent squated since december. I can go heavier but im not trying to induce soreness.
2x8x185 hip thrusts
2x5 each leg single leg back ext with 45.

Felt like a good workout today.

4/1 I was sore as shit today. So sore I flet like crap overall. I was also very tired all day. I guess the workout yesterday really mashed me up. Everything from my abs to my feet hurt. I had to drag myself to the track for tempo

5x100, 6x150
I didnt time. I jut took a short rest breaks.

Probably gonna do another tempo tomorrow.

4/2
Woke up just ass sore as yesterday. My massage got cancelled yesterday, and man to I really need it. Had to skip the spec end workout. Did another extra ginger tempo. 11x100. Man Sunday really took a toll on my body. I haven’t been this sore all season

4/3
this is my 3rd day of tempo because of soreness in legs. I haven’t been this sore all season. I cant get in to a therapist until Saturday. the good news is after todays workout I felt a lil better.
5x100 stretch
2x5x100 push up situps in between runs
5x100

90sec rests! I can only dream :slight_smile:
My last 200m workout was ten x 200m in 36-37sec with 100m jog rec in 40sec
Was more high end cardio with a touch of la+

However, I no longer do sprint training :slight_smile:

thats tough also. Why are you not training anymore?

4/4
no running just weight room
back and abs
pullups overhand-6,6 20pounds 5,5 30pounds 4,4 40 pounds
3x10 underhand

various ab exercises

Im currently training for 3km - 10km events.
The atmosphere doing these events is far greater around here, plus, there is prize $$…

To go from a sprinter to a looooooong distance runner is amazing. I couldn’t do it. I hate running a mile. How has your body changed since becoming a distance guy

4/5
today I hit the gym at 10 AM because I didn’t know if the rain would let up
3x5 oh squat. just the bar
5x5x285 dead lift. I had more lifts but I stopped there just incase For the track workout out

Hit track at 630pm
3x10 bs, 3x30 bs
2x60m 20m Fast easy. I ran 7.3 on both runs. much slower than my last few 60m runs
1x120m 13.6 I ran the exact same time the last time I ran a 120. This time it was very easy. The last time I was dizzy and tired. THis time I was able to turn around and walk back
5x5 hurdle hops.
THe last time I did this same practice I cramped up during the hurdle hops.

I’ve originally came from a Middle distance performance standpoint.
So i can run either way (sort of…)

Back when i was doing pure sprinting - bodyweight was 80kg - could squat around 200kg - Bench around 140kg.
Now - bodyweight 69-70kg (body fat = what’s that?? non existant…) Squat = only bodyweight during running circuits - Bench = only push ups during running circuits, but, last time i gave bench a go, 80kg… And i did get up to 26 chin ups a couple of months ago. - I’m a Personal Trainer by trade - and i do a Lot of dumbbell and cable work - eg, Standing Cable presses - It’s like a standing dumbbell bench press, but with cables - I can do as many reps on 13 plates a side (??kg) as a guy who can bench well over 100kg

I’m probably the strongest 10km runner around… (well, that can run under 35min for 10k)

So which body type do you like the best. THe sprinter or distance

Good Q.
I like the sprinters look more - but, I Love feeling the way a distance guy does More!
At my peak 800 form - I was way down to 59kg… a wee bit too light…
So, at 69/70kg now, I’m fairly happy - I would love to hit the weights, but i’ll hit 75kg pretty quickly - which won’t help my distance goals

Sprinting used to wipe my CNS reserves - the day after a Speed session, it would almost feel like Depression… (i don’t miss this feeling)

Distance hurt for a couple of years, in a different way, mostly in the legs - I had to learn to loosen them up and strengthen to withstand longer runs.
I can’t do the 100mile weeks like Top coaches recommend - I don’t know how they do it.
Two different occasions, i’ve hit 100km weeks for 1 week (leading up, not just bam…) Man it was hard.
I guess it takes a few yrs? I might give it another go soon??

If i could re-train myself when i was say 18 knowing what i know now… (i’m 37 now)

I just looked up the day at Masters Nationals - I should have gone - Could have snagged a few medals for sure

4/7
Woke up and was still sore from friday. Hams and lo back. I felt about 70%
2x20 isorobic
3x10 blocks isorobic
2x10 blocks
2x40 blocks
4x20 fly 30 run up. I ran the same times as last week 2.09-2.03. I felt better last week so I guess i should be ok with the times
1x120. I only did just to run with partner. ran 13.6 again. Atleast this time I know I slowed down the last 20 after my partner ran into me and hit my arm.

WEights.
sq 5x5x225
bench 3x5x225
sl back ext 2x5 on each leg.

Im hoping im not too terrible sore this week like last week.

4/8 tempo
5x100 warmup then drills
2x5x100 non stop with situps inbetween
massage that night