Charlie's Teaching Style

I wasn’t exactly sure where to put this but when I saw this quote it made me think of Charlie’s seminars and lectures:

“Peter Drucker told me once, ‘There are two ways of teaching: the Greek way and the rabbinic way.’ The Greek way, he explained, is based on analysis and breaking down a subject into its logical outline sequence (I A, B, C; II A, B, C). The rabbinic way always begins, ‘Let me tell you a story.’” – Bob Buford

In her book Running Risks, Angela Issajenko points out that Charlie always seemed to have a story to illustrate any given technical concept related to sprinting.

I have spent with him are priceless. I met him in 2000 when I was working with Ian King in Toronto. Was blown away by how smart and perceptive he is. Yes, he is full of anecdotes and has some funny references. He is a pretty amazing person, and perhaps the best prep coach I have met. I tell Ange, every time I spend time with him, I feel like he has advanced his concepts light years. He can be drinking coffee, talking, and tell someone they are landing heavy on their right leg, all while not looking. If u get the chance, I highly recommend going to Toronto and working with him if u can.

lol, now THAT is a classic example of a REAL coach.