Meyer Resigned

Why won’t they suck for the next 5 years, no team is untouchable - look at how many years bama sucked.

Because they are not on probation. Bama was on probation the years they were down and their down years were not like everybody elses down years even then. That is the only reason they were down. Kinda like Texas down years are typically 7-5 or 8-4.

Texas wasn’t Tx until Mack Brown, what about FSU and the U?

Ok Ok they could make a shitty hire like Zook or Rich Rod or Bill Callahan. Or they could fuck up and get a Les Miles or Larry Coker and still win but look like a dumbass doing it. Not likely though.

Rich Rod is a great coach with a proven record.

Should have stayed at that other pasture.

Grass ain’t always greener.

He will be ok, they have a large football strength staff. I spoke with a member several days ago and she said all is well. Maize and Blue will be back!!!

He needs a large defensive staff.

I can’t get there with him, he sings Josh groban songs to his team. Better get some great players because his scheme has been figured out.

When you/anyone else has the resume R2 has then you guys can talk.

Terrible statement. I’m not a chef but I routinely criticize shitty tasting food. I’m not the President but we all criticize shitty President’s.

I just think he’s weird, obviously a succesful coach at WVU.

wow. no program is resistant to a coaching turnover flop. and it would be pretty arrogant of any gator fan to assume so. especially considering how they were under ron zook.

look at:

notre dame
texas this year and before mack brown
nebraska under callahan
miami
USC … other things considering of course… but also before carrol arrived
texas a&m for awhile
kansas state when BS left
oklahoma before stoops
bama before saban
syracuse
michigan

things can turn south in a hurry if you aren’t careful. sometimes programs with a winning arrogance must honestly believe those national championships and conference titles weren’t earned by their coaches, they were just the products of good things waiting to happen.

I hope they do flop but I don’t see it happening.

Of course there are very few Saban, Stoops, and Meyer. I am not looking forward to the day Saban leaves.

Maybe Foley will screw it up.

Yes sir…

Back to Meyer, any word is Mariotti is staying? Anywhere he goes he’s guaranteed to get at least all the DBS and WRs under 4.4. I mean when he was at ND they just blazed by everyone.

Who knows, we don’t even know who the next HC will be. Are you sure about all db and wrs??

I was being very sarcastic. I have his ND program from back in the late 90s. If it wasnt buried in a storage unit I’d scan it and post. Was very HIT-esque

I still wonder if it matters with some of these freaks like the ones UF gets.

The strength coach at Miss State was an assistant under Mickey. I have heard they do similar workouts to UF. I know they do some Oly lift stuff. Miss State is a very physical team, largely comprised of 2 and 3* with a few 4* sprinkled in. Miss State and Bama were the only teams that slowed Cam Newton’s running down. Bama of course is largely comprised of 4 and 5*, Miss State is most definitely not. How can this HIT succeed and not produce soft athletes?

Thats a very good question. I know at michigan state they run it but its modified. I went and say it with my own 2 eyes, talked to some of the athletes and yeah, its modified.
By the way, I thought we ALL established that rich Rod is a idiot? And his S&C staff is full of morons?
By the way, for your professional career, RB34, I hope you dont run the same program as those idiots.

Why are you calling my friends idiots? Come on bro have respect for the collegiate strength and conditioning profession.

Its nobel that your sticking up for your friends. I do respect that.:cool:

It looks like Will Muschamp will be the next coach. Isnt the S&C coach still under contract?