Charlie

This is a real shock… I hope you’re back posting soon Charlie. All the best.

Best of luck in fighting this thing. Get well soon. I thank you for the time and advice you have always been willing to share.

Good luck Charlie…you’ll win this one for sure…you are faster than any sickness or disease!!

The positive influence Charlie has had on not only track and field but on proper training methods that are applicable to so many sports is immeasurable. As far as I’m and I’m sure many others are concerned, Charlie is truly a giant in this field.

I really appreciate all that I’ve learned from Charlie here on the site and in person. He’s answered any questions I’ve directed to him and my education continues to this day.

I concur with the earlier comments. That’s a great picture!

I wish you a speedy recovery Charlie. Your material is the best in the business and has been invaluable to me.

Good luck, Thanks for the forum and Ange ur d best :cool:

Good luck CF. Hope you have a fast recovery

Get well soon, Charlie

Best of Luck Charlie, Ange and family.

Charlie has been fighting this battle for about two years. Yet he has still somehow found time and energy to engage in the forum and to put down on DVD his wisdom and knowledge as a permanent record. For those of us who know him only by his jottings on this forum, there isn’t any doubt he has been a central influence on the direction sprints coaching/training has taken since the early 1980s. Any coach to this day who doesn’t recognise Charlie’s signature on training theory, program design and the practical application of both is either lying or too dumb to know better.

As a person, Charlie is intellectually challenging and always engaging. A grad in modern history from Stanford U, he is prone to constantly dropping in references (military, tactical, political) and yet there is a ready stream of humour: I don’t know anyone else who could recite off the top the lyrics to any number of Frank Zappa’s insane and clever songs. CF’s humour is quirky to be sure and wicked - but you’ve all read his comments on this forum and you know that without a doubt.

So keep fighting Charlie, your family love and need you and so do we.

All the best charlie and ange.You guys are an inspiration to us all.Heres to a speedy and full recovery.
Gary.

Good luck Charlie. Get well soon.

When I first met Charlie and visited his home for the first time in 1988 it was unimaginable that sport was his primary interest. Not a trophy or an award to be seen. His family home reminded me of a painting or a beautiful picture that had been created over several generations.
History and Political science as Fat B/KitKat has pointed out are topics of great discussion, debate and passion.
BTW and I know it is hard to believe it will be 6 years in April that CHarlie was diagnosed and those silly Docs have been wrong about most. They call people like this in the medical lingo Outliers.
As for drawing any conclusions if I have learned one thing from this man it is that 1st is better than 2nd ( no kidding ) 4th is better than 5th and so it goes with his attitude about everything.
Sadly I learned this lesson too late in my athletic career in Montreal at the Olympic Trials when I ran " Like a sack of shit" i think is how he put it, in the heats. We or he got into a screaming match with me yet I knew he was right. I went on to the finals and beat one of the 3 Olympic team members ( she was from Quebec and for those who know Quebec athletes in Canada are the chosen ones, I think sorta like the native pop in Australia etc ) to perform the best outdoor race of my career. The time sucked, we all ran slow into wind and I was the only one out of the 4 girls who needed the qualifing time and I did not get it. Ancient history and am I glad I got over that;)

Lol! Aint that the truth…My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Randy

Get well soon, Charlie.:wink:

I am in shock… :frowning: If somehow we can help please let us know. We are with you Charlie. Best of luck Charlie and your family. Get well soon.

Keep fighting Charlie… Get well soon.

Charlie the example you set as a coach and educator has been an inspiration to all coaches and aspiring coaches! I hope to one day make 1% of the impact you have on the sport training community. I wish you a speedy recovery!

My thoughts and prayers are with you,angie and james. You’re a fighter. Get well soon.

Get well soon Charlie. Your advice and guidance has been invaluable… need to keep that coming :slight_smile: