Charlie Francis Speed Seminars in Australia

Good point…also to great number of athletes worldwide…

PJ is a valued member of our forum and I speak to him like I speak to many of you and, although I’d love to take credit, there is no formal association, though, of course, I’m very excited to see his progress and a coach and Olu’s progress as an athlete.

PS- that means I’m waiting for some of the rest of you to get going!!

I agree that that flier is very impressive and speaks to the reasons we are here at this site-unparalleled knowledge and experience in speed development. The CF connections to the ONLY 9.7 sprinters in history is impossible to ignore!

What makes you believe this? :confused:

Well Charlie makes himself available to discuss his training methods on this forum. PJ is a member of this forum.

I see! Agreed :slight_smile:

See my comment above

And the PS in particular! I know, Charlie, thanks! :slight_smile:

Where is the flier? :confused:

Hi John the Flyer will be here in 30 mins time.

also will be available on the web site from tuesday morning.

Sev - you got your wish with AA…

sorry for the flyer delay have been bombarded like you would not believe.

please note total discretion will be give to all attendees at the seminars and final venues will only be known by the attendees and nobody else.

here is the content of the flyer I will email out entry forms today. the flyer and entry form will also be listed on my website tomorrow morning in pdf format.

[SIZE=4]Charlie Francis
Speed Development Seminars
[/SIZE]

SYDNEY – JANUARY 6-7, 2007… MELBOURNE – JANUARY 13-14, 2007
GOLD COAST – JANUARY 20-21, 2007

[b]Charlie Francis has been considered a pariah by sports organisations for years but is it because of his deeds, repeated by hundreds of other coaches since, or his testimony [at Canada’s Dubin Inquiry] after 1988 which remains unique.
In any case, what does he know about sprinting and why should anyone in Australia listen?
Everyone knows he produced Ben Johnson _ the first athlete to dip into the 9.7s all those years ago.
But he also once coached John Smith who produced the second 9.7 man, Maurice Greene.
Francis designed the training program used by the third man to run 9.7, Tim Montgomery. And Montgomery’s coach Trevor Graham _ part of the team that hired Francis _ is now coaching the fifth 9.7 man, Justin Gatlin.
The fourth 9.7 runner is Asafa Powell. When a L’Equipe [the French sports daily] representative caught up with his coach, Steven Francis [no relation] after Powell’s first record last year, he had Charlie’s Francis’s coaching manual in his hands.
What is it that these three men felt they could learn?
Was it about pharmaceuticals? Hardly. Francis didn’t even direct the drug regime of Ben Johnson, which was in the hands of a doctor when such practice was still legal for doctors back in the 1980s.
Certainly BALCO could learn nothing about drugs from Francis.

It was the training methods they are after and that’s what we should want to learn here.

There will be no talk of drugs at these seminars and no defence of his previous actions. This has been a clear policy on Charlie’s website since its creation in 2001.[/b]

Seminar Content

The purpose of this 2 DAY seminar is to have a fully interactive session with all attending coaches/athletes. This means that every coach will leave the workshop with a comprehensive understanding of how to develop sprinters from the ground up – from developing junior development athlete to world class performer. Key issues that will be covered in the workshop include:

1. Comprehensive overview of short-to-long and long-to-short planning approaches.
  2. Day-by-day, week-by-week, period-by-period, year-by-year preparation of training programs that apply to your specific situations.
  3. Integration of key training components such as weight lifting, explosive power training, aerobic training and recovery-regeneration issues.
  4. Peaking and taper programs for producing results when they need to be produced.
  5. Overview of sprint mechanics and technique.

The format of the workshop will also include 30 minutes of Q & A time with Charlie after each 1 hr lecture for all attending coaches to ensure that all of the expertise and personal experiences in the room are shared.

On Day 1 the afternoon practical session will focus on starting technique where Charlie will work through the process with current athletes of different abilities and body types.

On Day 2 the afternoon practical session will involve top speed/bend running technique
with the same athletes.

Seminar Cost

The two-day workshop will be held from 8:30am to 4.30pm on both days. The two-day Seminar Fee will be a total of $250 . We also have an early bird special running where if you pay before September 11 the cost is only $225.
Inc lunch on each day of the seminar.
PLEASE NOTE: NUMBERS ARE LIMITED TO 100 AT EACH VENUE.
It is expected to fill fast and is strictly first come first serve no exceptions.

Charlie’s seminars in the United States are more than double this for a weekend. This seminar is heavily discounted and we are sure you will walk away with more than your money’s worth in knowledge.

The firm due date for early bird registration is Monday, September 11th, 2006, to avoid disappointment get your forms in early as we will close the books at 100.

Total discretion will be given to all attendees and final venue will only be known paying attendees.

Seminar Contact

For information on the Charlie Francis Speed Development Workshop, please visit our web site www.paulnancarrowpromotions.com to download entry forms and read updates and breaking news about the seminars:
Entry forms will be available via our web site and sent out in an email July 21st.
To register your interest please contact
Paul Nancarrow
Phone: (61 2) 43907099
Mobile: 0401039087
E-mail: nanny69@bigpond.net.au

Payment Options

We accept the following methods of payment.
Credit Card – 2.5 % surcharge applies.
Bank Deposit
Money Order
Personal Cheque

I noticed, it’s really cheap too!!I think it compares to a 30 minutes poliquin “how to develop levator ani” seminar:)
No coaches in the neighbourhood can have the price excuse for not coming.
Where are you located?near melbourne?(my aussie geography sucks…)

your right it is by far the most cost effective coach education you will ever get…

not to mention the most informed…

i am near sydney…

BTW entries are going great…

Charlie why don’t you come to do a speed seminar also in Italy?? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Serously,we cna arrange everything here…and you avoid to all european a very long fly…should i remind you how nice and tasteful is the italian food?? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Eheh…

BTW i agree with Eros.You are also great because the prices are right.You are not robbing like other great Guru are doing.

with some “contacts” will maybe possible to organize a similar thing in the near future…what do you think, fellow italians?

I love Italy! One of the most beautiful places on earth and friendly people.

Good: you teach them to run, they can teach you to “dive” :stuck_out_tongue: . . . and together you can make the ultimate soccer team! :stuck_out_tongue:

(link: play this with cursor - how many red cards can you get in one minute?)

http://www.wallak.net/zidan/

For general information on an eventual set up, we should mail rupert I suppose??

Woooah

Hang on a minute … Charlie have you ever been to Ireland?

It’s easy to get to for all the UK coaches - in fact with Ryanair its extremely cheap for anyone in Europe to fly there fast.

Great people, great weather, lovely scenes, great history, birthplace of modern civilisation, I could go on …

i got 29 red cards in my 2nd attempt.