Charlie Francis has died

We have lost a great

My wife rang me on the way to work to tell me the news as she knew how I felt about how much I have been influenced by a guy I have never even met.

Since I picked up Speed Trap in a library as a young teenager and realised there was a higher level of coaching and thinking my athletics as an athlete and now as a coach has been largely shaped by the influence from afar. I have read Speed Trap almost every year since that first time when I would get the book on continual loan as I felt it too special to be allowed for just anyone to take it off the shelf and have it in their home without knowing what they were in possession of.

I hand a ‘loan out’ copy of the book to every athlete I coach as it is the closest thing I can get to have them understand what its all about.

The man had so much knowledge and was feeling giving of it. My condolences to his family and friends and the athletics world to have lost such an influence.

We need to keep this site alive in his memory and continue to spread his word.

Very sad news. Charlie was the greatest track coach in history. Hopefully his legacy will live on…

r.i.p. Charlie ‘GODFATHER OF SPEED MERCHANTRY’ Francis, with great sorrow u will be missed…condolences goin out to ur wife and son

Rest in peace, Charlie! My condolences to his family!

My condolences for his family!!
I’ve lost my father 2 months ago and i know how tough is to recover for the family!!I still have disorder to sleep and I go to the cemetery every day and I speak to him!!
We have to keep everyone at least one good thing he did for us and he will live again!Don’t let the forum go down folks!I’m not up to date but I read it almost every day because I find only good things on it.
So let’s bring our hands,let’s a tear falling fron our eyes but let’s go to work for Charlie and his dear family and for all the friends he had!!!:frowning:

Thanks for the update KK if if it did make me cry… as always he went out fighting with hope in his heart.

i am in deep shock…

thank you for everything charlie, we learned a lot from you and will miss you…you are an inspiration to all of us here

My condolences for his family

“I was crying. He said, ‘don’t cry sweetie: It’s been a good run.’ And it has been”.
officially made me cry…

REST IN PEACE CHARLIE

So sad.R.I.P Great man.
And thoughts go at to Ange and James .
Gary.

R.I.P my condolences to the Francis Family

Mark

Such tragic news, my heart goes out to Charlie’s family and everyone that cared for him; they say the true mark of greatness is what you do for your community, Charlie not only are you the greatest sprint coach, but a great man, RIP!

Thanks to Charlie for all his knowledge and willingness to share it with the world. Peace to his family.

My condolences to his family
Few words for Charlie: a great man

Your knowledge will live on forever…

RIP

Ciao Charlie, don’t go too much fast with your car in the Heaven…

My condolences to the family…

He really was one of a kind!

R.I.P. CF, your knowledge was second to none

My condolences go out to his family

Great person, great coach. R.I.P. Charlie and thanks for all you have done for those who visit the site and to the track world. Condolences to your family as well.

MIKE NIKE

R.I.P Charlie. He will live forever through his knowledge and ideas