Charlie Francis has died

Thanks for helping me to Develope the best sprinting school in las Vegas nv western high , the teaching was the best my kids shine every year, went to some of the best college. rodney martin usa world/olympic runner south car, del guy tcu, paul smith byu, alot more sani roseby 2007 us 60m indoor champion,we lost a great dad and husband, you have done so much to help others, we love in jamaica, las vegas all over the world:cool:

His legacy will continue…he was a great man.

My deepest condolences to the family.

Very Sad. I just found out. Just sad.

I see nothing on Athletics Canada’s website. If you are a coach in Canada you should email them to demand they at least acknowledge his passing.

Charlie is the man and his legacy will live forever. Keep his name ringing.

RIP.

My condolences to his family.

Track Legend. RIP.

RIP Charlie… It was great meeting you years ago, wish I was a little older at the time.

RIP Charlie!

RIP Charlie.

Gutted.

He was the Source that I always could go back to.

My condolences to family & friends.

I can’t find the words. Later i will.
He changed the life of so many.
Please guys keep this board alive.

I posted re: Charlie on another thread but I will say here that I agree with what PJ and others have said before me. Charlie’s will continue through the efforts of the many coaches he influences now and in the future as well as the athletes they train.

We need to keep this board going to further Charlie’s principles and his memory.

I can’t imagine anyone who posts here or at least reads the content on this forum with any regularity is not greatly influenced by his teachings.

Charlie Francis will surely be missed.

I can’t even think about this site not being around, it’s going to be different not having Charlie on board. It’s going to take a lot of time getting over not having “The Master Mind” giving great advice and giving all of the coaches and athletes on the forum a piece of mind when going into battle. I’m still in Shock!!

topcat said it best on the first page, Charlie will live on through us.

i cant even put into words how much this man influenced me as a strength and conditioning coach and more importantly as a man. he believed in me way before i did. i think of all the people i have helped over the last 5 years and none of them would have had my guidance and inspiration if CF hadnt told me to “pull my head out of my ass and get on with it already”. something about his passing is hitting me harder than i would have expected, its the pain that lets us know it real i guess.

my love, support and prayers go out to his family, fellow coaches, friends, forum members and especially the old school forum guys like clemson, herb, number2 etc that were here way before it was the place to be.

God Speed
bobby kwasny aka nightmare4d

An award winning photo of Charlie from 1965, courtesy of Jim Griffin.

Wow Awsome picture!

Very well said.

I’m one of them… I would have quit running after collage had I not found this website. There is just NOTHING in the marketplace on how to properly train as a sprinter year around in edition to how to recover, what to eat, ect ect.

I was just amazed that CHARLIE HIMSELF would respond to questions; along with his wife. Personally I think it’s amazing that he accomplished so much but yet remained simple and humble enough to talk to unknown joe blows like me. I can say the same for other big guys on this forum like No2, PJ and KitKat.

I mean, I can’t just converse with Michel Jordan, or his coach; even if I could, I probably would not want to because many men that make it that far in life become so arrogant and full of themselves.