CaptinPains Results

If anyone can tell me what in general a 7.6 60 meter dash translates into a 100 meter for a 16 year old. That’s what some of my competition from last year is running, one has good sprint endurance and one doesn’t so I guess the one who does would turn in a better 100 time.

I ran a 7.63 at Simplot games in XC racing flats, and I run 11.5. I’m 17.

k, thanks, I’m assuming XC racing flats are long distance spikes and not sprinting spikes

I ran my first practice within the past few weeks today where I could sprint. I felt good but was pretty tired after a full speed 200. I still have a pain right above my kneecap and right below my quad, it doesn’t hurt when I run but hurts when I touch. I’ve decided I’m gona go to the first competition this Thursday cause it’s just relays and now that I can sprint I need to get some running in.

Flats means, no spikes. Simplot is very anal about NO SPIKES during trials…

Wow, that looks really good for me. Unless they don’t allow spikes at the York university track.

I’m sure they will. It’s just that at Simplot, over 3000 kids run on one day. That would tear up a track pretty quick; so they wait for the finalists, the good kids, to start using spikes. The shoes I used were lightweight, but flimsy, and rubber soled. Flats means no spikes, a well put phrase, Palmtag.

First competition tomorow, it’s a relay meet so I’m running in the 4x200 and the, yikes, 16x100. Our team is so unorganized, tomorow I will arrive at the track and will not know until then when I’m running and who I’ll be running with, I’m not expecting much :rolleyes:

Plus, it will probably rain :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I ran the best 200 meter of my life today. Sure it was rainy and I was running into a headwind but I killed the competition. I finished about 30 meters ahead of every other runner in the race (I started). The only thing is my quad is acting up again, so I’m gona have to ice and heat it again. I didn’t run the 16x100.

We finished 3rd in the 4X200, we had a lead until the last runner completely blew it and got passed by another guy. And a team from the other heat came ahead of us too.

My quad is feeling better and after reading up on the next meet on May 7th I’m getting psyched.

Top 2 winners in each World Athletics Day events will be be entered for a draw to attend the World Youth Championships in Morocco July 14-17 , 2005

Only problem is the 100 meter isn’t considered a world athletic day event. And attend better mean compete in and not be there, or I could care less.

Hey, what are u’r names? I train with the Lions and I hail from the East-side of Ottawa. Just wanna know so I can look out for u fellas around Terry Fox this year.

P.S: The “attending” of the World Youth Championships refers to the viewing of, and not competing in, the competition. (I know, pretty misleading)

Hey man, I’m Jeremy and I run for SRB, west side of Ottawa. You gona be at the competition May 7th?

edit: Oh that’s gay, I could care less about coming top 2 in that race now

Yup, I’ll be at that one(May 7th). I’m Jordan Alexis from St.Pat’s… I guess we’ll be competing against eachother, good luck to ya man

Are you the same Jordan that’s on Andrew’s mailing list for workouts? If you are I’m on that too and we’ve probably seen each other before.

I’m keeping a record of all my results in my first post now so they don’t get clustered.

Today I am so tired and I have another practice tomorow. We had our first practice with blocks of the year today and although my start was weak I was beating our best sprinter over 100 meters and he ran an 11.5 last year so I have high hopes for this year.

LOL yea that’s me, i’m sure that I’ve seen u before in the weight room. LOL this is pretty weird… yeah scratch that other post, i’m nto running on saturday anymore, my coach didn’t remember to fill out the forms before the due date

Ya I think I have an idea of who you are. I’m not going on Saturday either now, apparently I was supposed to let my coach know about whether I would be able to go or not a week ago. I wanted to go and work with the blocks but looks like I’ll have to do that at West Cities. Looks like I have shin splints now to make things worse, damn they hurt.

http://www.ottawalions.com/events/W.A.D.%20Results.htm

Looks like I didn’t miss much today. 7 people competed and none came close to breaking 12 seconds :rolleyes: . I thought you said you weren’t going Sketchy, congrats on winning the 100 and 200, that’s a pretty smoking 200 time btw.

Wow, I jsut went to that website you posted and Im in shock…
I hope those Midget sprint hurdlers were doing bad because if that is their best…I don’t see a bright future for any of those guys in hurdles.
Hell, the fastest time they have is the time I got jumping over 8/10 hurdles with the wrong leg!
and the 100m…sigh Why aren’t I living in the east? I’d have medals and 1st palce ribbons by now.
LOL

Don’t worry, in my age group all the best people weren’t there and I’m sure it’s the same for the midgets. There should be a few sprinters your age going sub 12 in the city, there’s a midget from my school thats a strong sprinter but he has no work ethic so he won’t improve much.

All the times were terrible that day…there was a massive headwind for all of them.
The guy who came 2nd to me ran 11.33 LAST year, just to give you an idea of how off those times are.

P.S: My 100m & 200m times last year were 11.5 and 23.37, so those times were just total crap!

*I didn’t think I was gonna be competing but Scott said that he’d enter me at the last minute :cool: