Can you critique my summer weight plan?

I am 6’1", 165-170 pounds. I compete in the triple, long, and high jump. I am out to walk on to my Division 1 school track team. Here is the plan I want to use for the rest of the summer.

Monday
Squats 10,6,6,6
Power Cleans 5 x 3
Single Leg Curls 8, 6, 6
Single leg extension 6,6,6
Seated Calf Raises 3 x 6

Wednesday
Incline Dumbell Bench Press 10, 8, 6, 6
Bench Press flies 3 x 8
Barbell Push Press 3 x 6
Lat Pull Down 3 x 8
Dumbell Shrugs 3 x 8
Dips 3 X 10 (No weights)
Bicep Curls 10, 6, 6, 6
Lying Triceps Press 8, 8, 8

Friday
Front Squats 3 x 8
Deadlift 3 x 8
Leg Press 3 x 8
Standing Calf Raises 3 x 8
Donkey Calf Raises 3 x 6
Good Mornings 3 x 8
Forearm curls 3 x 10

I appreciate any suggestions about reps, exercises, anything of the sort. Thanks a lot in advance.

I just looked quickly but here’s 2 thing’s I’d look at.

I was just wondering what your goal was. I see 3 sets of 6 but I don’t understand the first set of 10 reps.

With that I’d suggest if you’re going to do a higher rep set do it after your heavy lifting.

I would also recommend doing cleans before squats.

Also how old are you and how long have you been lifting?

I am trying to just get stronger for the upcoming season. I was going to do the first rep of 10 to warm up my legs. I will put the cleans before the squat. I am nineteen, and have been lifting through high school, but real seriously for a year.

Can someone please take a look and give me some help. It is very important. Thank You

Are you jumping or running at all? Do you do any tempo work? I can’t really comment on a portion of the training plan without knowing the rest of the plan. However one thing that jumps out at me is the leg curls and leg extensions…I know of very few reasons to keep them in any athletic program.

I run three times a week, Mon (2 miles), wed (3 miles), fri (4 miles). I do bounding and sprint work on tues, thurs, sat. What would you recommend instead of leg curls and leg extensions?

For some reason that program closely resembles one that i’ve seen before…

Do you remember where you saw that one, so I could go take a look, because I created it by peicing with a little bit of mo greene’s leg workout, but is there somewhere else with a more complete workout?

Ugh. I would not do 2,3, or 4 mile runs. Do some more reading on this board. Your lifting looks ok for now (do cleans before squats as was suggested) but axe the some of the long jogs and replace with tempo or hill runs.

There you go :smiley: i remembered seeing it there.