can sex and training go hand and hand

i find it to be just as good a warm up as drills and laps…

hang on, thats what im doing during sex anyway right? drilling and lapping around, hehe

Sex really helps me perform better as a coach on the track!
:clap:

Sex IS “hand in hand”, I thought, sort of. That’s why I soak my hand in bourbon…to get my date drunk:D…sorry, old joke…but seriously, when I read the thread title I thought this was a joke.

Originally posted by xlr8
The problem isn’t the sex, it is staying up all night before the meet looking for it. That’s why us married folks are safe!

xlr8

Your names not Bob is it?

My wife is a “morning person” if you know what I mean.:smiley:

Really helps to wake the CNS up on race day!!:baddevil::

will help get rid of the prerace nerves
just dont smoke

I am married and I am still up all night. I think my wife calls it foreplay:D

The problem isn’t the sex, it is staying up all night before the meet looking for it. That’s why us married folks are safe!

xlr8

I dunno, but there are quite a few huband/wife teams … Maybe thats Zhanna’s secret :wink:

that was the reason i asked this question!!
I always heard that sex was good for the female and bad for the male, as far as competition was concerned.
I was wondering if there was any logic to that.
It makes since that the loss of testorone
would affect you but then again, it does replenish itself so,…end result = confusion
:frowning:

Originally posted by worldclass
It makes since that the loss of testorone
would affect you but then again, it does replenish itself so,…end result = confusion
:frowning:

Sex increases Testosterone levels.

From t-mag:

And what about when you feel horny, baby? Well intercourse, masturbation, and viewing erotic stimuli may all cause rises in your… T. Actually, LH is better correlated with sexual arousal than T, but if LH pulses occur during arousal, then T is soon to follow.(17) Take a look at the following findings, but I’ll leave you alone to come up with your own conclusions.

• Measured over the course of several weeks, men’s T levels went up on 11 nights in which they had sex while the T levels went down during 11 sexless nights.(5)

• Increases in LH are seen during sexual arousal while watching erotic movies.

• Increases in LH and T are seen during sexual activity including masturbation.

And finally, what about those horny rats? This study will have frightening implications if it’s released to the females of the world. Think about it!

• Rats release LH and total T by being exposed to a sexually responsive female. In one particular study, the rats were conditioned, Pavlov style, by presenting a sexually receptive female along with a strong background odor.(9) In the future, the odor alone was enough to cause a similar increase in LH and T as when the sexy rat was present.

And as one of the writers said in a reader mail response who cares? Would you not have sex because you think it would help you a tiny bit in training?

Regardless to your answer to that question it helps you, so just do it.

question for the dummies in the crowd: whats LH?

L= Long
H= Hard

?? :wink:

Leutinizing hormone -

GNRH stimulates the basophilic cells of the anterior pituitary at the base of the brain to secrete Leutinizing Hormone (LH) and Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH). LH hormone stimulates the Leydig cells, in the interstitial tissue of the testes, to convert cholesterol into T. Specifically, LH promotes the synthesis of a protein that transports cholesterol into the mitochondria, the site of the conversion.

hey i know this thread is old, but can someone verify that sex etc. is good for females pre-comp? :o don’t mean to get too personal, but this information would be quite helpful with nationals coming up this weekend…

Hmmm… Sex into a slight headwind. I’ve never tried it that way.

Obviously, not recommended for masturbators. :stuck_out_tongue:

K, you gonna call your boyfriend I assume?

haha actually me and my bf are on an extended break- it took up faaaar too much of my energy (EMOTIONAL!) to deal with a relationship during the season last year…
i could call him up or call up another suitor :wink: but my concerns were more along the lines of the “etc” which i included in my question on purpose :cool:

there’s sex and there’s SEX. i think it’s great to get the blood flowing (no pun intended) like a good warm -up. On speed days some light sex first thing in the morning, can’t be bad.

but if you’re talking SEX (wild monkey-style), that may be too much, plus injury potential increases!
:stuck_out_tongue:

F all of you who have a problem trying to AVOID sex before competition.