Calvin Johnson Pro Day Details:

didnt know, thats good for him. i hate to see him go from a top 10 pick to top 20 just bc scouts want to see him run a 40yd.

setup by the mob.

Some people have Ginn picked over Dwayne Jarrett in their draft boards. I think Jarrett has proven far more that he is a better receiver skillwise than Ginn. I think the reason is because once again, he did not run his 40 at the combine.

different case,we know ginn is fast and we know jarrett isnt fast. jarrett remind me of a more athletic mike williams

Well, Jarrett ran 4.62 and 4.67 on his 40 today. Which is slower than what mike williams had. I dont expect Jarrett to be the bust that Williams was. I think he will be another Keyshawn Johnson without the mouth.

The players ran on the FieldTurf practice field. For the 40-yard dash, they started from one of the goal lines and ran to the 40. The first couple of yards had a slight incline. how silly when compared to last yr the players ran on a mondo track surface.

lol, that would have to be the best point ever made, really, what is up with that. One teammate is tackling him round the legs and the other is going in for the kill. geez…

it happens all the time, just kids having fun.

lol, goodness me, me and my ‘kid’ freinds are doing it all wrong

I never knew the “lets smash our m8, ill go for the legs whilst you throttle choke him, it’ll be good fun!” was in fashion.

if you only knew-my friend.

You would be hype too if your teammate just ran back the opening kickoff of the national championship.

thank you!!

Then you would be un-hyped when you not only injured Ginn and cost him mucho $$$$ while also losing the game.

come on man, we see this every single weekend and this was the only time a player got injured. i think ginn cost himself money bc he should have came back to school just like michael bush.

IMO it was good for him to leave. Who was going to throw him the ball…? He shouldn’t be too unhype, he made mucho $$$ by having a great pro day catching eyes of many scouts.

we are talking about osu they gonna always have top guys esp at qb.

most of the time, but they got lucky with troy smith, they were almost stuck with Justin Zwick or running a 2 QB system…(gives me nightmares)

Ginn works out early… Ohio State WR Ted Ginn was supposed to have been on the field in Columbus tomorrow but moved up his workout to today. Ginn, who did not run at either the Combine or Ohio State’s original pro day back in March while he rehabbed a foot injury suffered in the Buckeyes’ loss to Florida in January’s BCS title game, reportedly ran okay at today’s workout, posting 40 times in the 4.40 range. That had to be a disappointment for Ginn, though, as he was hoping to go under 4.30, however, the sense of most observers was that he still didn’t look 100%. In fact, only ran the 40 and didn’t run any of the shuttle drills, which require stops and starts and hard changes of direction; Ginn also didn’t do either of the long or vertical jumps and stopped running routes after doing about 20. For the record, most NFL teams were in attendance, including three head coaches: Scott Linehan of St. Louis, Cincinnati’s Marvin Lewis and Miami’s Cam Cameron. Based on who showed up in Columbus, the Rams and Dolphins appeared to be the most interested as Miami head coach Cameron was accompanied by Dolphins’ GM Randy Mueller, while Rams VP for player personnel Tony Softli was in town along with coach Linehan. Ginn will hold a private workout for Washington next Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD6bZLr1-3s

I’m sure some of you guys saw this but WOW! 11’7’’ is on a whole different level, not too far from a world record level. The amazing thing is that it looked so effortless, really slow deep knee bend as well.

That is amazing. It almost looks like he floats through the air, rather than just jumping.

And the knee bend caught my eye too. He does descend really slowly, but then he just powers out of the transition. He has some freaky explosive strength.