Calvin Johnson Pro Day Details:

The very best keep the drops to an absolute minimum-yes it will happen on occasion. It has been a bit of problem that I’ve seen though not a major one by any means.

Again, I believe this will be fixed. The guy rates a number one pick or a bit lower, in my opinion. I’ve read at least a comment or two from scouts regarding this same point.

I think CJ is by far the best receiver in this year’s draft class. There just arent many eye-openers this year.

dont have no clue what you are talking about, i live in the south and see CJ play many games and to me his hands has never been a question.

Calvin johnson running a 4.35 in someone elses shoes was a huge myth. It just said on nfl total access. What he did was let someone else borrow “his” shoes. And a coach saw someone giving calvin his shoes back and it became myth after that. Calvin ran a 4.35 in his “own” shoes.

He didn’t come to do any tests in Indy.

I think there are some eye openers. CJ is obviously the best I don’t see why Jarrett is being so down graded. I know they knock on his speed but he gets the job done. Broke TD records as a sophmore at USC. Then against Mike Mayock’s #1 CB in the draft he put in work with 200+ yards. Although he struggles a little in press that can be easily taught. I think he has the best hands in the draft though. Then Ted Ginn is something I’m unsure about. He needs to show me that he is more polished instead of a “just get me the ball and let me run” type of WR which doesn’t really work like that in the NFL. Dwayne Bowe is a good physical WR but struggles with concentration when catching. Anthony Gonzalez is the best route runner in the draft and proably most underated WR. I only saw him drop one pass in his college career. He has great speed also and can return punts and kicks. Then I’ll end it with Sidney Rice who is a big play WR but gets lost sometimes in the game and you forget he is playing. I think he could have bettered from another year of college.

I’ve watched him many times over his three years and I’ve seen him drop quite a few passes along with making many great catches.

Again, I’m not the only one who has pointed this out. I read at least one or two scouting reports over the last few months stating the same thing.

I’m interested to see how Ginn handles the physical play and the press coverage. I’m curious how good he is getting off of hard pressure at the line and he only weighs around 180. I’m not saying he can’t. I just don’t think he has been tested in this way since so many guys gave him such huge cushions due to his obvious speed threat.

I think that Jarrett and Gonzalez are outstanding receivers. Ginn is a bit small, fast as hell though (obviously), of course there is speculation on him. All the guys mentioned are very good, just a matter of time to see who adapts to the NFL and who doesn’t.

whats the speculation?

Well, Ginn has skipped the proday and combine workouts because of the ankle sprain at the national championship. We know he can run fast, but in college he muffed a few punt returns and of course, dropped a few balls. We also need to know how his injury is going to affect his nfl career. Scouts also say that he runs undisciplined routes sometimes. IMO, I think he will make a living in the NFL as a punt/kick returner.

You can teach route running and concentration. I watched a youtube tape of him, one of the highlights was from the OSU, Texas game when he scored he used his quickness to beat Aaron Ross(ranked 3rd in CB on most boards) with a move that I can’t descirbe, you just had to see. In college he got off press by using quickness. Similar to route running and concentration, technique for BNR can be taught easily…He is just kind of a project I guess.

Ginn also only weighs 170lbs! Thats pretty small in the NFL. But I dont think size will matter because Marvin Harrison doesnt seem to have a problem in the NFL with his small stature playing at the outside Flanker position. Ginn played most of last year at outside FL so I think he could be a good receiver in the NFL when he polishes his routes, and improves his concentration.

ginn is a joke, dont see why he dont want to run for scouts. hes a bust at wr but a standout return man.

he’s hurt thats why he won’t run. but it won’t really matter. If the 40 wasn’t hyped up so much and there weren’t so many people anxious to see what a player of his explosiveness runs in a 40, he would have ran it already because he knows when he gets on the field he is probably the fastest one on there.

ku2u,
AS soon I read the 1st sentence I was about to mention Marvin Harrison…lol

sorry a sprain foot dont take that long to heal.

It was probably more than a sprain they just lied about it to keep from raising red flags.

You be the judge:

you may be right but hes killing his draft stock by not doing anything, he could have rescheduled his proday.

He did reschedule it…

Why are his teammates injuring him?