Bondarchuk and Bosco

Guys,

I’m going to go through these papers and probably within the next week I will go ahead and type them out into a word file (I type around 90wpm), so if anyone would like a copy of that as well, just pm me.

I would like anything on Bondarchuk Thanks!

WBuirch@aol.com

kapeta@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

I too would appreciate this info.

Bob

btom7164@earthlink.net

DITTO

theslav1959@yahoo.com

I’ve got all of your e-mails but in case I don’t check up on this thread, from now on pm me instead.

Members

You’re asking for a world of trouble publishing your email addresses like you are…

Please use this format to avoid being hit with miles of Spam…

firstnameATdomainname.com

Follow this and you’ll be fine…spell the ampersand as AT.

Thank you

Rupert

Everyone I have sent the articles to : I am sorry I sent everyone 2 of the same file of the Sport Cycle article, I did not scan the third and final page, I will scan it before the end of the week and get it out to everyone that I have sent this stuff to already…sorry for my mistake!

Incase you have been studying the articles, the conclusions from the missing page study are:
1:highly qualified hammer throwers increaseing the training load volumes after transitional period does not affect the length of the sports-form cycle.
2. The length of the sports form cycle differs for different individuals.

asd,

when you get a chance, could I also get a copy:

thanks,

scott

svassATsfu.ca

Please send me a copy too!!! Thanks!!

Meliopou@aol.com

Went through the SSR 92-95’ found 5 articles much better in terms of bondarchucks views on how to train athletes in general, I will scan em and send em to everyone as quick as I can!
PEACE

Isn’t there a better way to do this? The info would probably get better review if on CF.com. To much space? Legalities? I might have to go to Kamloops. It sounds like there is still gold up there. Maybe a CF.com teleconference?

I think all that posted got em’ let me know if you didn’t Frit17 your email does not work??? :frowning:

Yeah, there’s some legality problems. Michael Yessis has contacted me personally after I posted a few scans from old Soviet Fitness Reviews on another site asking that I remove them.

I scanned the site that tells you were certain books or publications are. I live near UCI, USC, UCLA, CSUF, and others. It seems that most only have quarterly up to 1991. Are there more Bondarchuk articles after 1991? Was there a cutoff after 1991? I might have to go to Kamloops.

Yeah it did not work for me for some reason. did you use all lower case? No big deal.

I sent out the article: “The Immediate Training Effect of Anaerobic Loads” and I’m waiting for the last page of the article, “Training Load Volumes and the Sports-Form Cycle” from asd123 so I can complete it and I’ll send that out as well. If you didn’t receive that file from me, shoot me your e-mail again through private message and I’ll try again.

speedkills did you get the new articles? I think they have more of the stuff everyone is talking about, I will scan the last page later today and get it out to you.

From my post at another site:
For you guys looking for more info on Bondarchuk, the most important piece of info is to realize the priority he puts on the athlete’s performance in the sport skill. Results are not measured by squats and bench presses, but how far the athlete throws.
Accordingly, the majority of the time is spent training the skill through SPECIAL exercises. This does not mean special strengths, but special exercises. Just as Westside uses variations of the 3 powerlifts to improve their powerlifting total, Bondarchuk uses variations of the hammer throw to improve the throwing distance. His strength training programs are nothing special. The difference comes in his supreme knowledge of the biomechanics of the hammer throw. This knowledge comes from studying biomechanics and also having been a great thrower himself. He understands the effect that each special exercises will have on the total skill and programs accordingly.
Board presses, speed squats, etc. are great exercises, but they are not specific to the sport unless you are a powerlifter! Find/create exercises that are specific to the sport in order to improve the athlete’s on-field performance.

For all you guys looking at the old Soviet Sports Reviews, you must have a good knowledge of Eastern Bloc training in order to really get anything out of these articles. Most people read these articles and think, “Oh, this isn’t so ground-breaking.”

Keep in mind what I wrote in the previous post and that will be a great start.