Bolt beaten in Rome!!

I think it’s more of a concurrent program, i.e. speed is developed short to long and endurance long to short. This also makes sense looking at his current form. Acceleration is in place and so is speeed endurance (19.79), but top speed is not quite there yet.

Yes, that seems like the type of program that Usain follows and that is exactly what Charlie has promoted in his works. But let’s be honest, it’s mid-June and his National Champs are one week away. His top speed should already be in place for the most part. From all reports, Bolt has had a full year of training and hasn’t had any real injuries that would force him to miss training, so it’s really very confusing how his performances have gone this year. Worlds are less than 2 months away now! How much can you reasonably expect his top speed to improve?

Spot on. Without going back and looking at past years’ times, I’m pretty confident that he was dropping some nice stuff at this point in '08 and '09. He just looks “off” (and the times support that). Sure, 19.79 is solid, but he also had some wind. It’s a far cry from the easy 19.5s he’s dropped in pouring rain.

It feels like the year for Tyson to take the gold. His MaxV looked great early on, so if he’s healthy, it could be fun.