Bikini Body

Where does one begin for general fitness? I am a 19 wanting to get back into shape after taking time off from organized sports. Where do I begin?:cool:

Clemson is going to have a field day with this. :cool:

What kind of athletic background do you have? What types of activities are you interested in? What kind of facilities do you have access to? Also, where do you live, what’s the weather like right now?

played rep hockey for 7 years, in college, finding it hard to get back into a routine. live in kelowna BC, Canada, lots of snow and slush:sing:
i have a membership currently at world gym, lots of activities around town. goin snowboarding tomorrow :saint:

Given your circumstances, something indoors would be the obvious choice right now. Have you ever done any weight training? That would be my suggested starting point. If you need help designing a weight training rountine, you certainly came to the right site. You might also want to check out www.t-mag.com. They have a nice forum. But I’m definitely partial to this one. :smiley:

Weights would be my starting point. There is no point having little bodyfat if there is not much muscle definition.

Nothing beats some muscle definition. Especially the abs. :sing:

I guess your hockey training was largely aerobic, this is probably a good starting point along with the weights.

Charlie in CFTS - said along these lines.

Why wouldn’t you work on the part where improvment is likely to be the largest.

used to do strength training, not sure where to start, or what i should be working on now because my objective has changed, plus im going to Australia in september to see family, want to feel awesome goin down there

Originally posted by Jessica
I am a 19 wanting to get back into shape after taking time off from organized sports. Where do I begin?:cool:

Right over here :wink:

And you guys were wondering why there isn’t more female posters on this forum…

Jessica,
if you just want to get aesthetically fit cross-training is your best bet. Intermingle aerobic workouts with weights and any other sporting activity you can think of. Start off gradually and build it up, have plenty of variety in your program & most importantly enjoy what your doing (a sure way you’ll stick at it)

Post your program up here and you should get plenty of help. Alternatively, you can send me a U2U for a personalised programme (sorry, I couldn’t resist :D)

Jessica,
The good news is if you’re starting from scratch or after a long layoff, just about anything will produce a significant result at first. I like gf_200’s suggestion, post something and we’ll critique it. You can use your old training routine as a starting point.

What is your current height and weight?

i know you are going to make fun of me AGAIN but im really loving the windsor pilates sytem! my wife has been doing it for 5 months and her mid section has gone from good to great. takes about 40 minutes 3 times a week and you’ll be gratting cheese on your abs in no time.

wheres our “body like Brad Pitt in Fight Club” friend when you need him…:smiley:

heres the link to a little more info

www.windsorpilates.com

nightmare,

windsorpilates??

Are you serious - we have just started getting bombarded with their infomercial.

I thought is was just a load of S***, like most of the other stuff sold via infomercials.

With my broken toe - that may be worth looking into (if you are not pulling my leg)

dude

I KNOW! i laughed when my wife ordered the set of videos of the infomercial but after seeing what her abs have become, i thought " i gotta try that…"

because of my previous core/ab training i was able to start at the exellerated program and its a solid 40 minute workout. i give it the nightmare4d seal of approval:clap:

presently im doing it 3 days a week (m,w,sat) aswell as my other ab/core training and so far so good. i have to leave out the “side laying hip work” 2 of the three days as it really seems too much right now for my weak glute meds, so i sub in an extra 10 minutes of the ab exercises instead.

Members,

Any one else done Windsor Pilates??

No, but i must say, since i started taking Tae Bo classes, i’ve dropped 30lbs and gained all the self confidence of an 8th Dan. With Tae Bo you get a great aerobic workout thats fun as well.
:sing:

Originally posted by Dazed
No, but i must say, since i started taking Tae Bo classes, i’ve dropped 30lbs and gained all the self confidence of an 8th Dan. With Tae Bo you get a great aerobic workout thats fun as well.
:sing:

I’ve seen you recently and you definitely have a bikini body to die for. :stuck_out_tongue:

You could always do some ultimate fighting with Herb. He lives in Kelowna.:clap:

Jessica,

Sorry if we scared you away with our unique sense of humour. If you have a weight routine feel free to post it. When it comes to the workout side of things we are fairly good at helping. :slight_smile: