barefoot

my calves have been developing nicely as i feel more rigid when i do tempo now. Been 3 weeks and my calves have been sore when i started, seems like it is using more ROM on my calves and running barefoot is working it hard.

Should i continue to run barefoot or not since i heard it changes biomechanics? Or not worry as the body will figure it out for the better?

If you have a good/safe surface I would continue to do tempo barefoot.

as an aside you could always try these :slight_smile:
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

Be careful with the barefoot tempo running, i had a brilliant minded coach who thought everything from sprints to plyos should be done barefoot, and what did that lead to, injuries that still are nagging. Obviously from compression issues but my biggest problem came from a leg length difference that while barefoot cause a huge amount of hip movement. It led to calf cramps and eventually a pull. Now dont get me wrong, barefoot drills and tempo is great for strengthening the foot, but be careful with body alignment issues as it could lead to problems. Any proper therapist would be able to tell you if there any issues such as this that can lead to problems.

Those are creepy. Sort of like prostetic feet. I wonder what they feel like though.

yeah surferman that was my main concern, as i do have a leg length issue as well as flat feet. However i only keep barefoot running strictly for tempo only, all power stuff along with plyos are done with shoes.

sounds sweet - watch out for glass or anything else that could cut your feet, oh, and potholes…