Athletes Performance- Jonathan Stewart

Good points about fatigue. For 15K I’ll sort you out in 6 weeks! We’ll just rest up!

another example: syracuse proday jameel mcclain slj 9’2" to 10’2", vertical 26" to 32.5", 4.74 to 4.5 40…that’s about a ridiculous difference

So the question becomes how one might distinguish between the training + rest/taper that was provided by the in house coaching vs the training/lack of rest/lack of taper that was provided by the combine preparation camp/program.

The only suspect factor is that the 40 is electronically timed from first movement, as well as hand timed, at Indianapolis and the vast majority of pro day times are hand timed only.

As a result, the 40 time is the only measurement that I don’t pay much attention to regarding the dramatic increase we might see from Indy to pro day. The exception is if the method of timing the 40 at pro day, as well as running surface, is the same as Indy.

james,

it seems like everyone i see featured on espn training in arizona ends up injured or has a sub-par year.

All I know is that two of my guys who went to a program in AZ spent, or rather their agents spent, an enormous amount of money on NOTHING!

Thank you, all athletes should stay at there schools and work with the same coaches who develop them.

It’s hard to argue with the track record they have of working with guys who end up being high draft picks. Yes, they get great athletes going there, but eventually coincidence goes out the window.

It doesn’t end there; a few more of my guys went to Shaw’s place in Florida and returned here worse than when they left. One of them vertical jumped 25 at Indy and yesterday he jumped 33 in training (very strict testing and measurement on my behalf)

I’ll wait till after Pro Day to list all the results; however, I’ll tell you that I’m going to look like a genius in what I was able to accomplish in 3-4 weeks that these high dollar camps couldn’t do in 6-8 weeks.

I should note that my guys who went to AZ did not go to API; it was some other camp.

I guess I’m in the wrong business because some of these snake oil salesman idiots who run the combine camps probably make more in a week than I do in a year.

Did you get to charge him $10,000?:wink:

Dont take it easy on AP because we always talk about there success stories, everyone who go there dont leave running 4.3’s look at sweed he ran 4.5 I’ll bet my house if I had sweed for 6-8 weeks he would run faster then 4.5.

I don’t know too much about Perfect Competition down in Miami, but the last two years they have produced some fantastic results that shock the scouts. This year they had Devin Thomas who was said to be a 4.55 guy but dropped a 4.3 at the combine.

The impressive thing about API to me is that you rarely see their athletes under perform at the combine. I’m not saying that they are coming up with freak performances but they seem to get their guys to the combine well prepared to put in a solid performance.

Looks like it’s your lucky day tamfb

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8075261d

i saw that piece about an hour ago and thats why i got mad, he has soo much untap speed.:mad:

I was actually surprised that at 6’4 he ran 4.46 at the combine.

he can go 4.38-4.42.

How would you go about getting him there?

I cant tell all my secrets but if you have certain questions i could try and answer. I can say this i would really work on his top speed bc his acc is pretty damn good for tall guy.

Even though a 40 is pretty much all acceleration?

It depends, if a guy hit top speed at 10yd then the 40 is mostly max v and developing max v would then be very important- dont you think?:slight_smile:

I would agree but I don’t know anybody on the planet, save Olympic Lifters, who reach top speed that fast.