Asafa Powell 9.72s!!!!

what did Dix run in this race? That guy is sneaking up on everyone, he’s always right there…

John

9.92, and he was closing at the end.

was it race 18 for powell?

That or 19.

His 8.68 anchor leg in Beijing suggested a 9.68.
His next races : Bruxelles, Rieit (heats and final), Stuttgart, Shangai.

It looks like Powell has changed his pre start routine, certainly it is different to the 2nd round at Beijing. In today’s race he did a bit of a shuffle and then a tuck jump before getting into his blocks. It may be nothing but I wonder how much he / others focus on ensuring they do the same thing every time…PJ? :confused:

That’s what he normally does when he isn’t scared out of his mind or wiped out.

Top speed!!! He just surged mid-race!

Still seemed to ease up couple strides out…

Too bad bolt didnt run the whole 100m because it look like powell will break the record with the number of races he have lefted in the bank.

But he still has no gold medal…all these quick runs don’t mean much…:frowning:

A WR would be a consolation prize and it won’t be done in the ease or the same big stage that Bolt did it.

Richard Thompson got smoked yesterday…but after cooling down and stretching he can still look at a silver medal.

Yea but them fat paychecks still looking good. medal or not. That cash is flowing.

can anyone give a speed table powell 9.72 ws bolt 6.98
like 10m- time, 20 m- time 30 m- time so on

LMAO if they would do that the people at home won’t realise what they just saw

Since you’re new here, asking for these for recent races is usually pointless. If PJ gives us splits, be very thankful. He’s already posted splits on the 9.69.

PJ is looking for god film to work from now. the 9.68 is already up.

There looked to be some decent views in the two videos posted, but I’m not sure how well track marks are visible.

With the material i have now, i can only come up with accurate numbers for 20m, 40m, 50m

2.87, 4.65, 5.49.

Actually, it is very similar to Rieti 9.74 last year
2.88, 4.65, 5.49.

The 60m time in Lausanne might be 6.31 or 6.32, like Rieti 6.32 (same as Bolt in OG).

The difference is that in Lausanne, Asafa didn’t shut down. In Rieti, his last 10m was 0.90. Was faster in Lausanne but can’t give accurate number due to missing lanes on the track.

Thanks PJ. The following is my opinion only: Considering that his 50m time was the same as Riete 9.74, and that his Rieti shut-down cost him MORE than 0.02, I think the difference can be explained by the wind. In Rieti he has +1.7 (or something of the sort), and in Lausanne, he had +0.3. As we know that tailwinds are more beneficial in the later stages of the race, this probably allowed him to reach 80m in Rieti faster than he did in Lausanne so that his shut-down took him to 9.74.

I see Asafa dragging when they show that front person view. He goes from one side of the lane to the other. He cant stay straight.

thank you for posting those vids. Gateshead and London are usually pretty good for showing those side-on-slow-mo views. It seems they don’t always want to release them in “real time/speed” The last side-on-real-speed view I saw was London 04 9.91. This view is at www.bbcmotiongallery.com

Mo Greene and his 9.98 prelim is also their with a side-on-real-speed view.