Asafa, Mo, Tim, Ben Splits

his acceleration pattern/race strategy is very similar to carl lewis’.accel to 60m maintain and relax

i apologize with you but as we say in italy
diamo a cesare quel che è di cesare!
Good stuff

Sorry? :confused:

Its the Aussie Patrick Johnson, 200m finalist tonight.

I´m not sure, since the guy on that video looks like a white guy, i mean, caucasian.

Aborigine (sp).

Just an observation. When you compare patrick johnson’s body to some of the other guys like gaitlin and asafa, johnson seems to look quite weak compared to them(not to mention his posture is awful. No offence Patrick if you read this). Do you guys think that this factor is having a major negative impact on Pats career?

Course not, as Davan said, Patrick have the “aborigine blood” which is the best on the world.

when he was running 9.99 were we saying his body comp was different!!!

no way…we were asking q’s like “whats his training like” and so on.

he having a bad year…big deal

Somehow I don’t understand the discussion.

Patrick Johnson is the son of an Australian Aboriginal mother and an Irish father - it makes the race discussion a little absurd.

He is a great talent, but started track very late in his life. He still managed to run 100m in 9.93!
He got injured afterwards and I would say he’s back as he made it to the World Championships 200m final - sg. only 4 other non-US guys managed…
I’d say it’s his second best year after 2003.

There’s a lot of info on this site. Nice interview talking about his injury:

http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?t=8110

He does not have thick limbs, but according to his trainer he is extremely strong when it comes to “squat-like” exercises.
Real power - and the one you need in sprinting - mainly comes from the core.

I don’t know if Aboriginal blood is the best in the world - I did not drink any humans blood yet.

Looks like we have some “vampires” for here… :eek:
About PJ, he is not one of those who are using Drive Phase method.
His start style is more a “wait for it”,
from the blocks, he looks a litle slow compared with others, but then, after 30m mark, he can catch the bus.

–his acceleration pattern/race strategy is very similar to carl lewis’.accel to 60m maintain and relax–
X, you was talking about Gatlin or PJ ?

Wow I can’t believe you said that about aboriginal blood(if your going that way, youd think that all the guiness in the irish blood would negate any benefit from the other. LOL!). Seriously though, he has only ran that official time(9.93) once in his career, all the others have been around the 10.2 area. But when you look at the consistency of of guys like mo, justin, asafa, Lewis etc. you tend to see a pattern of strong well rounded bodies that obviously get the job done week in and week out. Keep in mind that i’m just using a logical observation but the pattern is definitely there with these guys. Maybe Pat could be better than these guys if he trained his body differently.

I spoke to Patrick Johnson yesterday, he told me that only does leg press, some light squats and no upper body lift at all because he doesnt like it and it makes him heavier, saying that he is quite different on the other guys on this. He prefers focusing on race form and rythm.

In what capacity are you at the World Championships PJ? Who do you coach if I may ask?

He’s patient and powerful. Reacting quick doesn’t mean anything if you spin your wheels.

Gatlin might not be winning at 50m, but it’s a 100m race.

Tell that to Leonard Scott.

And he won’t be breaking 9.8 then either with the reactions he has. When you are reacting slower than .16, you are not helping yourself.

flying…gatlins race plan is similar to lewis’ runs.

As Team Coach, sorry the rest is privacy :smiley:

How much will it take? :wink:

Sorry, but 2003 Patrick did better than that:

9.93 1.8 Patrick Johnson AUS 26 09 1972 1r1 Mito 05 05 2003
10.05 1.4 Patrick Johnson 1h1 Mito 05 05 2003
10.05 -0.3 Patrick Johnson 2 Osaka 10 05 2003
10.06 0.2 Patrick Johnson 1h1 Luzern 25 06 2003
10.07 -0.3 Patrick Johnson 1r2 Bern 28 06 2003

If you look at 2005 there are only 2 (!) athletes who can claim to have a better “average top 5 times”: Justin and Asafa. Nobody else…