Article on elitefitness about Charlie and Oly lifts

http://www.elitefitnesssystems.com/documents/watt_a_lie_carl_valle.htm

I though this article has some real food for thought. Although i still like the Oly lifts, the general idea of the article is very good. It also gives Charlie props :clap:

The purpose of the article is not to bash a specific exercise such as the olympic lifts…I use and teach them on a weekly basis being involved with many sports. But, it shows how simple movements like squats can be used without any loss in performance. I wrote that article in 10 minutes to see if I could be as prolific as Chris T. I need to be able to fire one article a day to do a project in two weeks.

…and yes I did want to give Charlie “mad props” since he has helped me become a good coach instead of a idiot.

The argument by the pro-OLs for sprinters/non OL athletes is odd. As mentioned in the article, they cite the fact that the highest wattage comes from the snatch, and then jump to the conclusion that the best way to develop power&speed for (insert sport here) is to do the OLs. The reasoning behind this jump is yet to be explained anywhere I have read.

Originally posted by Clemson

…and yes I did want to give Charlie “mad props” since he has helped me become a good coach instead of a idiot.

HAHA!! That is always a good thing :smiley:

Originally posted by Clemson

me too…

Clemson,

great article! is your book coming out this week?

I hope Juan Carlos Santana does not read that article. Well Done!

carl good job man…
i like your writing style… easy to follow…
keep us updated about your booklet and you site… is it toamrorow it will be up!!!

Clemson Where will your book be available for purchase?

nice mood t2 :mad:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Update…

Thanks to fluke on this board I was able to use the facility to take pictures last night. The stretches (5 by the way) are done and I will need to airbrush the athletes face off for privacy reasons. Juan Carlos? Some good ideas and some things I would do differently. As for the manual it will be available Late june and the site will be up withing days from Sunday. My birthday is June 15th so I hope I get something to celebrate.

My birthday is on june 10th…clemson also if you were wondering what to get me for my birthday which i know you are i would like a dvd player installed to my car, and not the cheap kind I want the bigscreen to impress the ladies…thanks

Look foward to the manaul…do i get a free copy?
:mrt:

Timothy…

My manual on impressing the ladies will be out on February 14th. This includes a DVD and massage oil. Free? Thats a four letter word in my book.

Yep I like to kick a** Timmy